DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last
    That's a great find, seems they have Mage 2nd Ed as well, cool - going to buy myself some half decent xmas presents.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    That's a great find, seems they have Mage 2nd Ed as well, cool - going to buy myself some half decent xmas presents.
    What! ARe you suggesting your wife and kids didnt look after you right?

Yep, I got sick thanks to a stomach bug from my 11 year old but better today, plus I needed nothing really so I got a few things that I don't need, ie some Sloe Gin (I don't drink at home) and I got some t-shirts (already have plenty) and an xbox game (that was ok).

But today was better (known as Boxing Day here) as I could work on my Traveller ruleset, but I did buy myself SRE4 and Mage 2E.

Did some playtesting with the 4E ruleset. Amazing work ian, cant imagine how much work that must have been. I have but one suggestion:

When trying to shot with an empty gun, I get an error message popup (something about nil dice or similar, cant remember exactly). Sure thing one cant fire an empty gun, but it would be nice if the popup would be replaced by a text message kind of like: "click, click, argh, chamber's empty". Just like the ruleset prevents you from rerolling INI twice in one round.

I tried to use the ruleset to host a 5E campaign but it's difficult to manually manage INI, limits and the resistance rolls. I hope that you haven't crossed the 5E ruleset from the list eventually ;-)

Hu Myrmeron,
    I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have to say that I inherited the ruleset from Fenloe and a lot of work had already been done, so I can't take all of the credit
    On the out of ammo error, that is new. It is written to do as you suggest and put a message in the chat, so if it's throwing an error, I'll take a look and fix it when I get a moment.

5e is definitely still on the cards, but has been overtaken by a couple of other projects. We are trying to convince Catalyst to license the Shadowrun content to Smiteworks. If that happens, the priority will definitely rise :-) We'd then be able to port all of the books and adventures, which would be really cool!

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please post. Also, if you feel like running a Shadowrun session at one of the upcoming FGDaze! Or FG-Cons that would be awesome too.

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmeron View Post
    Did some playtesting with the 4E ruleset. Amazing work ian, cant imagine how much work that must have been. I have but one suggestion:

When trying to shot with an empty gun, I get an error message popup (something about nil dice or similar, cant remember exactly). Sure thing one cant fire an empty gun, but it would be nice if the popup would be replaced by a text message kind of like: "click, click, argh, chamber's empty". Just like the ruleset prevents you from rerolling INI twice in one round.

I tried to use the ruleset to host a 5E campaign but it's difficult to manually manage INI, limits and the resistance rolls. I hope that you haven't crossed the 5E ruleset from the list eventually ;-)

Hi all,

I finally remembered that I had not fixed the no ammo errors. I have updated the first post with a new version.

Enjoy!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi all,

I finally remembered that I had not fixed the no ammo errors. I have updated the first post with a new version.

Enjoy!

Ian
    Nice work chap. I'm starting to move my tabletop game over to FG and will use 4E until you get around to 5E
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Can anyone help me out, when doing a resist check it shows as [Resist-Check] Drain Resist (0) Resist Value (6) Willpower +none(6). How do I change the +none(6) into charisma since I use willpower and charisma as my resist values?
    also I don't know how to make custom spells, I tried adding a spell from another supplement but I can't seem to edit the spell information inside.
    Last edited by Brotherwulf; May 13th, 2016 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherwulf View Post
    Can anyone help me out, when doing a resist check it shows as [Resist-Check] Drain Resist (0) Resist Value (6) Willpower +none(6). How do I change the +none(6) into charisma since I use willpower and charisma as my resist values?
    also I don't know how to make custom spells, I tried adding a spell from another supplement but I can't seem to edit the spell information inside.
    Hi there,
    The drain resistance attribute is chosen on the main tab after choosing the Mage option and setting the magic rating. The icon is a bit confusing (I need to change the graphics but haven't)...
    Attachment 14169Attachment 14170Attachment 14171Attachment 14172

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi there,
    The drain resistance attribute is chosen on the main tab after choosing the Mage option and setting the magic rating. The icon is a bit confusing (I need to change the graphics but haven't)...
    Attachment 14169Attachment 14170Attachment 14171Attachment 14172
    oooh that's how you do it, thank you so much for the help. Still curious on how to make a custom spell. Can't seem to do anything when I open up a new blank spell, nothing to click or anything of the sort.

Thread Information