DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Cypher System - Character Sheet bugs

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and have been exploring the Cypher System ruleset. One thing I noticed is that there are a couple of bugs on the character sheet - specifically with regards to Assets and Modifiers. In some sections the modifiers don't add in properly, and in others, the Assets cap at one instead of two. Is there somewhere I can report these, or is this the right place?

You can report them right here. Please include exact steps; as I only played Numenera once, and that was before Cypher even came out.

The ruleset is in maintenance mode, since it doesn't have a dedicated developer; but I will try to fix any bugs.

Regards,
    JPG

The Asset and the Modifier box work differently each time it appears on the character sheet. For Defense rolls, Attacks, and Initiative, the Assets cap at one instead of the number you put in the box. For Defense rolls and Skills, the modifier box doesn't do anything.

Can you provide images (if possible) and step by step instructions on what you are doing to make these bugs? Also provide it's proper functionality.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

For Defense Rolls - No matter what number I put in the Asset box, it only adds one to the task roll (the number in the green circle). Expected behavior would be that it adds the number to the task roll - so in the attached screen shot the result would be 7 (2 for the die roll + 5 for the Asset). If the intent was to cap the number in that box, then the cap should be two per the rules, not one.Defense - Asset.png

Additionally, no matter what number is put in the modifier box, that number is not added to the die roll. Expected behavior would be that it's added to the die roll. In the attached screenshot, the die roll should add up to 24, and then the task roll should be 8.
    Defense - Modifier.png

The assets do work correctly on the Skill Roll, so that might be a place to start. Skill - Asset.png

The modifier box works correctly on Initiative, on the Actions tab.Init - Modifier.png

The Assets exhibit the same (broken) behavior for Attack Rolls and Initiative, and the Modifiers exhibit the same (broken) behavior for Skills.

Please let me know if you need anything additional, and thanks a ton for taking a look at this!

Thank you for the report. I will see why those are not being added into the rolls
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I'm sorry, but still a bit confused on what is what. I apologize, not intimate with the system. Can you elaborate a bit more on the green circle, what the assets box is supposed to add to, and what the modifier box adds to? If you can, please join our Discord server (https://discord.gg/F3Uq4W) and reach out to me on there. We can talk one on one to help me through the exact process. You may also PM me here your discord name with # number as well and I'll shoot you a message.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Fixed the bugs related to rolling and was able to update the sidebar with some new record types that are now able to be drag n dropped to the character sheet. Character Types, Focus, and Descriptor are able to be made via the sidebar and dropped onto the character sheet. They can also be exported to help with module creation. I have also merged the attacks frame and abilities frame on the Actions tab for one stop drops of saved abilities from the Types and Focus. This is only available in Cypher and Numenera currently as The Strange needs a bit of investigation on how it does recursions. This was a quick addition as I was fixing the roller bugs. Please report any new bugs once this is released live.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Seeing as someone seems to be actively working on this Is there a "help" document on the ruleset? Some of the design decisions seem counter intuitive to the way the game works. Ie it appears that assets, effort, etc add to the task level - the green circled number - from the dice roll. Is this what was intended?

Caveat, I'm barely familiar with Cypher. Since training and assets are supposed help your roll, and the result icon shown by the roll is the difficulty that the roll would succeed against; shouldn't they be added?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information