DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 52 First ... 374546474849 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Great news!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great news for Fantasy Grounds and DCC. Great job everyone for lobbying to get this officially sanctioned.

Leozelig, I would be happy to play test any updates. Been having a blast with my group playing DCC in FG. On our 3rd modules.

Kirklandone

You can sign me up but I wonder if we would have to sign an NDA since I assume the ruleset will be a for sale item.

I’m available to format content into marketplace modules if timelines get tight and there is budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Goodman Games has granted us permission to make an official set of DCC ruleset and content. Leozelig, would you be interested in doing this under a commission?

If so, then we would leave the community ruleset as-is for people to continue using but we would branch development to an official ruleset that would also allow for official content to be produced and linked to it.
    Oh my lord... after I just spent ALL day making a bunch of tables, items, and parcels on my own... and then thinking "hmmmm... this is a lot of work, I wonder if it'd be OK to share this".... and "Oh... I bet I should shoot an email to GG to see if that would be OK"... and I was literally about to click 'send' before thinking "You know, I should check through ALL 47 pages of that FG thread about the custom rule set to see if this has already been addressed"...

Yep. For real. But, no problem. It was a good refresher on using FG. I look forward to an official package!!! This is awesome news!
    Last edited by TheSwartz; March 25th, 2019 at 03:47.
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

"Why do squares have more sides than triangles?"

Nice work! Congrats! Not a system I am currently playing, but on my list. Thanks for your efforts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwartz View Post
    Oh my lord... after I just spent ALL day making a bunch of tables, items, and parcels on my own... and then thinking "hmmmm... this is a lot of work, I wonder if it'd be OK to share this".... and "Oh... I bet I should shoot an email to GG to see if that would be OK"... and I was literally about to click 'send' before thinking "You know, I should check through ALL 47 pages of that FG thread about the custom rule set to see if this has already been addressed"...

Yep. For real. But, no problem. It was a good refresher on using FG. I look forward to an official package!!! This is awesome news!
    I feel your pain

I have a question about Encounters and XP.

The Encounters window has a place for XP, but I have not found any documentation for how that XP gets used by FG?

Questions:
    1) Should it be the total XP for the encounter or the XP each individual should get?
    2) Does it get divided amongst the PCs? If so, when?
    3) Does this work in the DCC Ruleset at all?
    4) Is it only a Reference for the DM to tell the players complete the encounter. "Now you guys get to split xxx XP for defeating this encounter. Give yourselves yy XP each."

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    The XP shown for the encounter is distributed to each PC. Drop the encounter to the party sheet XP tab, and it will display in the list. When you are ready to distribute XP to the players, click the arrow, and *each* PC will get the amount shown. You can certainly use it for reference only, but it works in conjunction with the party sheet the same way treasure parcels work on the Inventory tab.

Let me know if that does not clear it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    The XP shown for the encounter is distributed to each PC. Drop the encounter to the party sheet XP tab, and it will display in the list. When you are ready to distribute XP to the players, click the arrow, and *each* PC will get the amount shown. You can certainly use it for reference only, but it works in conjunction with the party sheet the same way treasure parcels work on the Inventory tab.

Let me know if that does not clear it up for you.
    I think you answered my "How much XP should I put in the Encounter". Looks like if I wanted each person to get +2XP I would put 2XP in the encounter.

I finally found the ENCOUNTERS section of the Party Sheet. Next time I run a game I will be sure to give this a try.

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Thread Information