DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 44 of 52 First ... 344243444546 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Well done, spoofer - that's no small task. Glad you figured it out.

Trenloe,

Thanks for the info. I never caught the "Right Click" on the funky dice. I keep left clicking and trying to drag. It works great.

Now, Leozelig, is there any way to link your character sheet Crit/Fumble roll controls to tables that I have created? Or where would one look to add that kind of automation?
    So, for example, when I click on the FUMBLE die control on the character sheet it would plug that die roll result into the table. Similar to <linklist><link class="reference_tables" recordname="tables.fumbles@DCC RPG Tables">Fumbles</link></linklist>.

Thanks,
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    I am not aware of any way to automate a table roll, but I am an amateur when it comes to coding. You can select auto-roll crits and fumbles in the options menu, and the ruleset will roll the appropriate die for you. You still need to look up the result, but some people enjoy that. DCC got a little carried away with tables in my opinion, but that’s another story...

DCC Ruleset - Attack Roll Error

Leozelig,

I have noticed that attacks are not seeming to take into account the PC AC value. It just compares to ac 10. See the image.

I have tried to remove the character from the combat tracker and the monsters from the combat tracker and repopulate to no avail.

Any idea what I have wrong?

Thanks
    KirklandoneDCC Ruleset TO HIT Error.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,

I have noticed that attacks are not seeming to take into account the PC AC value. It just compares to ac 10. See the image.

I have tried to remove the character from the combat tracker and the monsters from the combat tracker and repopulate to no avail.

Any idea what I have wrong?
    I will look into it - thank you for testing...

Blog Entries
    AC calculation should be working now. Re-download the ruleset and try again.

Leozelig,

Thanks, works great.

Okay, something weird popped while I was playing a funnel this week, and I want some advice, since it's a weird edge case.

We used an online source to auto-create a page of four 0th-level characters per player. That in itself is not unusual, as we start a new game every year or so. One of my characters had good stats, including 16 in agility and 18 in luck. He also got the fortuneteller occupation (dagger and a tarot deck), and a set of thieves' tools as his extra item. It seemed he was destined to be a thief, and I played him as such.

For future reference, let's call this guy Lucky.

The problem started when some of us died, and we redistributed the equipment on the corpses. Lucky got the now-dead hunter's shortbow. To be honest, I wasn't sure whether my pack hunter augur bonus (+3 attack and damage to my 0th-level weapon) should apply to the bow, or the dagger I had at the start of play. Thing is, 0th level characters count the weapon they most recently attacked with as their starting weapon, and once I shot the bow, it then counted as my 0th level weapon. The GM ruled that the augur bonus to attack and damage should stay with the dagger since the rulebook says the bonus doesn't increase or decrease based on your luck. That said, why should I get the +3 bonus to a weapon that was no longer my 0th-level weapon? Was this the right call, or am I just overthinking this?

To be honest, this actually got worse at the end of the session. We were playing the Hole in the Sky module as the setting for our funnel. Slight spoilers, but once the quest is over you get to spin the Wheel of Fortune to change your destiny. In Lucky's case, this included getting to reroll a stat and keep that roll if it's better (exact same total as I already had, so no change). He then got to roll two more birth augurs and either keeping the old one or replacing it with one of the new ones (pack hunter x3? I'm getting shoehorned into this situation). And on top of that, he also got +2 luck (what's the modifier for 20 luck, anyway? +3? +4? +5?). This change is retroactive, meaning Lucky's brand-new 20 luck is how he's always been. Does this change the level of the augur bonus?

Blog Entries
    Ah, the madness of DCC RPG... My interpretation is that your lucky roll applies to whatever your 0-level weapon ends up being by the end of the funnel (i.e., the last weapon you fought with), which sounds like the bow.

So, you rolled the same birth augur for both of your re-rolls, and your luck score is 20!? Crazy... That will get the attention of the gods, better watch out. I ran Hole in the Sky once, and my group grew or shrank a few inches and changed hair or eye color. You fared much better

I believe Mutant Crawl Classics published modifiers for stats above 18, and most DCC players I know will honor those. I actually coded that into the ruleset, so try entering 20 for your ability score and see what happens. My guess is +4, off the top of my head. And I would say yes, your lucky roll bonus should definitely increase because of that.

Short answer... You should get +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls with the shortbow.

Okay, thanks very much for helping me come to terms with this. Sadly, this is not the kind of charitable GM that gives level 1 to us for free at the end of a funnel adventure. I have 7 XP with Lucky right now, and so I hope to grab a few more arrows before heading into the next quest. I could totally see myself running out of arrows right before the point where we finally earn enough XP to get to level 1, and I have to resort to using some weird weapon that makes no sense for a sneaky little thief, like a battleaxe or a flail or something.

On the other hand, having such a high agility means ranged weapons might be the way to go. And while the dagger is a better deal for backstabbing enemies, that can be really situational. Plus, I don't think the thief gets bows (or any ranged weapon) normally, so at least having a decent ranged weapon (like a bow) could help a lot.

Thread Information