FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 43 of 52 First ... 334142434445 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Happy New Year!

I have been silently watching from the background for some time now. leozelig, thanks so much for this awesomeness! I had some time during the holidays, so I created a complete player's guide. I have yet to play the game (but I sure am looking forward to it!), so please bear with my lack of understanding.

1. The rule book (at least, my version of it, which is the very first printing) lists the shield's fumble die as "-" i.e., none. Why did you put in a d8?

2. Dropping armor results in the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:202: attempt to compare string with number.

Is "number" a "type" then? Is something in here supposed to be set to type = "number"? If so, I assume that I need to remove characters other than intergers, such as the ' ft symbol.

<name type="string">Half-plate</name>
    <cost type="string">550</cost>
    <ac type="string">+7</ac>
    <checkpenalty type="string">-7</checkpenalty>
    <speedpenalty type="string">-10'</speedpenalty>
    <fumbledie type="string">d16</fumbledie>

Ok, time to create the Judge's Guide.

Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure AC, speed penalty, and check penalty are number fields. At the very least, remove the feet symbol from the speed penalty.

I got the fumble die for shield from the rulebook. If there isn’t one (maybe updated for 4th printing?), leave the field blank.

Blog Entries
    The screenshots below show the shield entry from the core rules and the corresponding xml code for the item record.

I did notice that the spell check modifier was not calculating properly, so I fixed that. Download the ruleset again for the fix.

shield.jpg

shield_xml.jpg

Leozelig, Spoofer,

Just looking through the Errata I have that released Jan 17 2014 for the Third printing (not sure which one I have).

Table 3-3, Armor: Fumble die for shield updated to be d8, as referenced in text (page 72).

Good catch, I will update my shield appropriately.

Leozelig, DCC Ruleset fans,

Is there a way to use the funky dice (d3, d5, d7, etc) in rollable tables or on the die rollers on the character sheet (Deed die, fumble die, crit die)? As far as I know, you have to be able to drag a die onto those controls. I know, we can get access to the funky dice in the Zodiac menus, but those cannot be dragged onto the character sheet controls or onto tables (as far as I can tell).

Thanks
    Kirklandone

P.S. Has anyone made animated funky dice that could be dropped onto those kinds of controls? It would even be cool just to duplicate one or more of the animated dice and just change what they roll under the covers even if it did not match the animation. Just make them a different color so as to make them unique from the "standard" dice.

Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Is there a way to use the funky dice (d3, d5, d7, etc) in rollable tables or on the die rollers on the character sheet (Deed die, fumble die, crit die)? As far as I know, you have to be able to drag a die onto those controls. I know, we can get access to the funky dice in the Zodiac menus, but those cannot be dragged onto the character sheet controls or onto tables (as far as I can tell).
    If you don't specify a die for a table, FG will automatically apply whatever die to roll based of the number range of the table rows. So, if you have 4 rows that cover 1-7 then a d7 will be used. You won't see a roll, as there isn't a 3D die for a d7, FG will use a random number generator, which it does for the custom funky dice.

P.S. Has anyone made animated funky dice that could be dropped onto those kinds of controls? It would even be cool just to duplicate one or more of the animated dice and just change what they roll under the covers even if it did not match the animation. Just make them a different color so as to make them unique from the "standard" dice.
    The 3D animated dice rolling is embedded into the FG application. It can't be changed via extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

I figured the animated dice were baked into the application. Here's to hoping Goodman Games will collaborate with Fantasy Grounds to support DCC internally. I did get a response from the Road Crew saying they may be looking into supporting FG.

The fumble and crit tables were the ones I was mostly interested in using the funky dice. They typically have 20-28 entries in the table, but have you rolling dice that cannot be dropped onto the table control (D14, D16, etc). So, I was just looking to find a way allow the other dice types in that table. But we can just as easily roll the dice and read the table by hand whenever unsupported dice are used. Hmmm...can you drag the results of a roll from the chat box to the table to get the result..... I will have to try that.

Thanks
    Kirklandone

The fumble and crit tables were the ones I was mostly interested in using the funky dice. They typically have 20-28 entries in the table, but have you rolling dice that cannot be dropped onto the table control (D14, D16, etc). So, I was just looking to find a way allow the other dice types in that table. But we can just as easily roll the dice and read the table by hand whenever unsupported dice are used.
    The DCC funky dice are available through the normal dice on the desktop - right-click on select "Custom Dice" and then the relevant dice - this can then be dropped on the dice field in the table.

The following desktop dice give access to the listed DCC dice:

d20 - d14 & d16
    d12 - d24
    d10 - d30 & d5
    d8 - d7
    d6 - d2 & d3
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Trenloe. You can definitely drag non-standard dice onto dice fields (including tables) via the custom dice menus.

leozelig,

Thanks for that image showing the coding for armor. That really helped my figure out what I was doing wrong. All of your templates are now populated and working well. Now to start on the rest of the content.

Thread Information