STAR TREK 2d20
Page 33 of 52 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    I've never played or looked at this ruleset but I just wanted to say what you're working on here is pretty impressive IMO.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks for the awesome work on this ruleset, between this and Crawler's Companion my life as a DCC GM is almost too easy.
    -----------
    If you can't do something well, have fun doing it badly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    So don't cut and paste from the PDF for thief skills, list them as per your screenshot? The rulebook has a paragraph that starts with "A thief can pick lock ...". Don't cut and paste it, list it like your example?
    Yes, list only the names as skill proficiencies - the order isn't important, but I think capitalization does matter if you want the ability mods to populate correctly. I pasted the paragraph you are referencing in the 'Thieving Skills' feature. In 5E, I believe the skill descriptions are pulled from the Library, but that is more complicated in an unlicensed (but free!) ruleset. I plan to continue working on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I've never played or looked at this ruleset but I just wanted to say what you're working on here is pretty impressive IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indarien View Post
    Thanks for the awesome work on this ruleset, between this and Crawler's Companion my life as a DCC GM is almost too easy.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement!

Blog Entries
    Where/What do I put languages to make them auto populate? To be more specific, for dwarf is the the entire paragraph that starts "At 1st level," or can you start at "A dwarf" since it looks like it populates from the feature?

Is there an official list of “features” per class?

For spellcasters, does the number of spells per level populate if I use “spellcasting” as the feature?
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; October 30th, 2017 at 01:31.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    To give you an example, here is my Warrior features list:

warrior features.jpg

Would you include Action Dice for each class as a feature?

For Clerics, Wizards and Elves, is there an equivalent to the 5e "spellcasting" feature that populates spell slots?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    This a change inspired me to start entering rules into a "manual" again.

DCC screen shot 1.jpg
    DCC screen shot 2.jpg

Incredible. Thank you! As the guy that made the character sheet and API scripts for Roll20 DCC, I can tell you I will never look at that code again and will play DCC in FG from here on out. Great work!

Blog Entries
    I am now entering all the spells.

What is school and source in the standard spell?

School - Wizard or Cleric?

Source - Core rulebook and page number or where the character got the spell?

Blog Entries
    And one more question on entering spells.

I want to slowly create rollable tables for the misfire and manifestations and such for the spells. I can drag and drop links into the bottom, unlabeled field (which I also use to put the text for the results table). How come the text boxes for the misfire and such do not accept links?

Thread Information