Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 52 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    What are the advantages of layering, besides a smaller ruleset download and CoreRPG updates being automatically incorporated?
    Those are the main two. It might not seem much now, but CoreRPG keeps adding more functionality and it can soon make your ruleset look dated. I have this issue with the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset - it's missing a lot of good stuff from CoreRPG and will only continue to miss out over time...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    But on the flip side - it means you can *stop* development when real life takes over and your ruleset still works...

Blog Entries
    And I thought I was running out of things to do! Where can I get more info on layering a ruleset? I understand the basic idea from looking at 3.5E code.

More info here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...yering-summary
    Last edited by leozelig; August 11th, 2015 at 01:01. Reason: Added link for layering info

First off, thanks! I just became aware of DCC at Gen Con.

What is the box to the right of the Lucky Roll description line for? My first guess was that it was the Luck modifier. However, it doesn't seem to be connected to the Luck score/modifier. Is it a user counter of some sort for information purposes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    First off, thanks! I just became aware of DCC at Gen Con.

What is the box to the right of the Lucky Roll description line for? My first guess was that it was the Luck modifier. However, it doesn't seem to be connected to the Luck score/modifier. Is it a user counter of some sort for information purposes?
    You are on the right track. More specifically, it is your lucky roll modifier. If you look at page 19 of the rulebook, it states that "the lucky roll modifier does not change over time as the character’s Luck changes." That's the main reason I separated the two. I will add a tooltip that displays when you hover with your mouse so it is less ambiguous.

Blog Entries
    I just found a weird bug - the armor check penalty resets to 0 every time the campaign is loaded. Fixed for the next update, which will be soon. I am going to leave the skills alone for now. I like the simplicity, even if it requires a little more manual control.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    You are on the right track. More specifically, it is your lucky roll modifier. If you look at page 19 of the rulebook, it states that "the lucky roll modifier does not change over time as the character’s Luck changes." That's the main reason I separated the two. I will add a tooltip that displays when you hover with your mouse so it is less ambiguous.
    Ah! Got it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    DCCRPG v1.2 is now available.

[BUG FIX] Armor check penalty was resetting to 0 on reload.
    [FEATURE] Deed die is automatically included in attack and damage rolls for warriors and dwarves if a deed die is specified on the character sheet.
    [FEATURE] Party sheet main tab added with basic PC stats. The GM can roll group ability checks, saving throws, and attacks from this tab.

Blog Entries
    DCCRPG v1.3 will be available later today. The ruleset is now layered on top of CoreRPG. I have not re-tested every feature, so let me know if you encounter any bugs.

I made one small change for improved critical threat range... When two-weapon fighting is checked in the combat basics section, the improved critical threat range no longer displays in the attack roll message (i.e. [CRIT 19]). The mechanic was functioning properly, but the chat message was misleading.

Blog Entries
    The next update is coming soon. I changed the graphics to match the 5E ruleset, and I made the character sheets and combat tracker resizable. Some frames on the character sheet are still a fixed size, so if you see something that you think needs to stretch, let me know.

I am working on acquiring a desktop background that I think fans of DCC will appreciate...

Thread Information