DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 52 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Messing around with an extension for a 0-level funnel character sheet. The character sheet has 4 tabs, with each tab representing 1 funnel PC. The format is reminiscent of the Purple Sorcerer character sheet. The blank space is where weapons will be.

Attachment 16580

Blog Entries
    Still waiting for the at par with 5e drag and drop functionality with autoparsing.

:-p

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for constantly upgrading the ruleset.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Happy Thanksgiving Leo. I've been so down in the trenches with my own coding that I've totally forgotten to say thank you to you for everything that you have done on this project. Words could never express how much it means what you have brought to my life and our community.

The level 0 character sheet looks great, but I don't know that an extension is the right way to go. There are times when you will have level 0 characters when it's not a funnel, such as when a character death occurs. There is no standing official rule on what to do on this. But, what I have been using is that if your character dies, you create one that is 1 level below the one that died or 4 level 0, if that character was level 1.

Create the level 0 funnel sheet as a modified npc sheet. It can then co-exist with the normal character sheet and can be drag and dropped onto the player in order to share the level 0 character sheet to the player so they can control it. Or alternately, if there is another way to make the normal character sheet and the level 0 funnel character sheet co-exist with each other.
    Last edited by vodokar; November 24th, 2016 at 17:54.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Still waiting for the at par with 5e drag and drop functionality with autoparsing.

:-p

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for constantly upgrading the ruleset.
    You guys are welcome! Thanks for the suggestions. I will brush up on my lua coding - I am really bad with parsing code.

Give me some examples of how you want the attack line to read so I understand how it's different. Do you want it to be exactly like 5e? PCs and NPCs? That level of complexity might not be worth the effort, but I like a challenge.

Oh, my god, Leo is really going over the edge now. Someone call Arkham Asylum and let them know.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    You guys are welcome! Thanks for the suggestions. I will brush up on my lua coding - I am really bad with parsing code.

Give me some examples of how you want the attack line to read so I understand how it's different. Do you want it to be exactly like 5e? PCs and NPCs? That level of complexity might not be worth the effort, but I like a challenge.
    I think that the key things that are needed is the framework for the modules so that we can easily cut and paste text into them.

I have converted enough adventures for 5e and DMed enough 5e games to know what I like - the automation of the attack role (hit or not hit with modifiers applied) and the automation of the spells that do direct damage that all run well from the combat tracker for the NPC and for the character tracker.

The ruleset itself seems very functional and I think you did an excellent job. Slowly adding more to it is good, but an easy framework for all of us to create reference manuals and spells and equipment in a good format so that we can drag and drop links into character sheets and adventures would be good. Anything that auto-populates onto the combat tracker is good. I think the easier it is for GM to create content and run games, the more that will use the ruleset. Hopefully my nudge to Goodman games results in something. In theory, I am about a 30 - 40 minute drive from their San Jose location, I can always picket them. :-)

I also think that increased and built in functionality for handling funnels and other pure DCC mechanics is great.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    The level 0 character sheet looks great, but I don't know that an extension is the right way to go. There are times when you will have level 0 characters when it's not a funnel, such as when a character death occurs.

Create the level 0 funnel sheet as a modified npc sheet. It can then co-exist with the normal character sheet and can be drag and dropped onto the player in order to share the level 0 character sheet to the player so they can control it. Or alternately, if there is another way to make the normal character sheet and the level 0 funnel character sheet co-exist with each other.
    Well I doubt it will ever be shared - compatibility with the combat tracker and party sheet is highly unlikely without a lot of work that I don't plan to do.

Funnel adventures can get pretty crowded on FG with 3-4 PCs per player. For the last funnel I hosted, I shared images of the purple sorcerer sheets. We had 1 FG character sheet per player for making attack rolls and stuff. It was a little clumsy...

Yes, hence why npc sheets are more the direction to go. Player logs in with a character that is named for themselves. You drag and drop npc sheets onto their character portrait. They receive and can control these npc sheets as their characters. npc sheets are already compatible with the combat tracker. Not sure about the party sheet, but that's not really that important.

Thus, if you can make modifications to the standard npc sheet, you can make this work. The level 0 sheet doesn't need to be fancy. They won't live long enough to appreciate it. . Similar to the standard npc sheet format with just simple attack line etc. Keep it small in size so that the player can comfortably have all four open at once, but functional enough to have the information they need.
    Last edited by vodokar; November 24th, 2016 at 20:08.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    And the character that survives and becomes the PC then gets recreated on the character sheet.

Maybe make a monster that is a "zero level" template as well?

Great idea, Myrdin.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information