STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 52 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Not at the moment. I have been busy playing 5E lately, but I will definitely run some DCC RPG for the next FG Con.

Blog Entries
    For the next update, I have automated the deed die roll for attacks. So, if your class is warrior or dwarf and you have specified a deed die on the character sheet, this die will be included in your attack roll (green die). You can still roll it separately if you want. After rolling damage, the deed die result is cleared from the db. I am working on one or two other ideas, so expect an update later in the month.
    Last edited by leozelig; August 8th, 2015 at 16:41.

Blog Entries
    Deed die in action.

Attachment 10710
    Last edited by leozelig; August 9th, 2015 at 22:51. Reason: Changed screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Deed die in action.
    Coo-el.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I have added a Main tab to the Party Sheet for the next release. I also removed the Calendar from the desktop, which wasn't really relevant to the world of DCC. I am thinking about tweaking the skills list so that CT effects will work with skills, but that's a bit more work.

Attachment 10712
    Last edited by leozelig; August 10th, 2015 at 04:05. Reason: Added more fields to the party sheet

You're doing some great work with this ruleset!

I also removed the Calendar from the desktop, which wasn't really relevant to the world of DCC.
    I'm interested in the design decision around this. Removing functionality that might be useful from the ruleset when it's not clashing with anything might not be the way to go. OK, so perhaps the calendars that come with FG aren't relevant to the DCC world, but this doesn't prevent someone from making a DCC appropriate module. It's also possible that people might be using DCC to run a campaign in a world where a FG calendar can be used.

I'm just thinking that someone who's using the DCC ruleset might want to use the calendar. It's a tiny button on the desktop and it's not interfering with anything, so why not leave it there?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm interested in the design decision around this. Removing functionality that might be useful from the ruleset when it's not clashing with anything might not be the way to go. OK, so perhaps the calendars that come with FG aren't relevant to the DCC world, but this doesn't prevent someone from making a DCC appropriate module. It's also possible that people might be using DCC to run a campaign in a world where a FG calendar can be used.
    True, it doesn't hurt to leave it in. I didn't think it was really providing an essential function, but maybe I am imposing my own bias there. The thought first occurred to me while looking at screenshots of other rulesets for custom graphics ideas. I noticed that a few of them did not have a calendar. These might be older versions, but it got me thinking about whether I really needed it. Maybe when I have some time, I will dig the files out of the recycle bin

Maybe when I have some time, I will dig the files out of the recycle bin
    Oh, so you haven't built this as a layered ruleset on top of CoreRPG? You've created your ruleset from editing CoreRPG directly and adding the DCC specific code?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Oh, so you haven't built this as a layered ruleset on top of CoreRPG? You've created your ruleset from editing CoreRPG directly and adding the DCC specific code?
    Correct. Started with CoreRPG and added the DCC specific code, throwing in bits of 3.5E along the way. With 3.5E, I mostly borrowed functions and edited to suit my needs - I don't think I have any 3.5E files that remain completely intact, although several of my DCC file names match their 3.5E counterparts.

What are the advantages of layering, besides a smaller ruleset download and CoreRPG updates being automatically incorporated? If it's not too much of a disaster now, I might try to do that with a future update... DCCRPG v2.0!

Thread Information