DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 52 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Thank you so much
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Blog Entries
    I rearranged the buttons in the modifiers window so that [Short Rng] is listed under Damage. I had it grouped with the Attack buttons - it works the same either way, but technically, it is a damage modifier. Re-download the ruleset if your modifiers window does not look like the screenshot in post #100...

Blog Entries
    Just a quick fix - the SHORT RANGE modifier button was not applying the bonus for NPC strength. Most NPCs don't really have ability scores, but they might, so this should be working now. It seems to be applying any "STR" effects from the combat tracker without any issues.

Blog Entries
    Ruleset updated...

I cleaned up some of the conditions in the effects menu. The conditions listed in Table 4-1 (p. 78) of the DCC RPG rulebook automatically apply attack roll modifiers.

Attachment 13916

Blog Entries
    I am focusing on modules for the next update. Since the ruleset is not officially licensed, I cannot share my modules, but I attached a screenshot of a spells module showing what is possible. I am going to create modules for equipment and monsters as well. Let Goodman Games hear from you if you want to have access to these. I don't think they have really embraced the online gaming community.

I can't think of anything else I want to do with this ruleset after that. Maybe I will try to revive the OSRIC ruleset.

Attachment 14081

I am relatively new to FG and absolutely new to DCC. I backed the kickstarter for the 4th printing and am just now reading the rules. I am really looking forward to trying out DCC and am super happy to see this ruleset! Thanks for doing this.

I have a few questions...
    * Does this ruleset cover the rules from the 4th printing (no idea what, if anything is different from previous printings).
    * I have a number of modules for DCC. Can I use Par5e to create FG modules for those? How are you creating DCC modules? Why isn't Goodman Games working with FG to get this stuff into their store?!?

Blog Entries
    You dont need to use Par5e to create adventures. Just do it fro within FG and use the /export feature. This is how 90% of adventures for FG are created.

Send GG an email expressing your interest in seeing DCCRPG officially supported on FG. Its another revenue stream for them after all!

Thanks. I will ping them about getting some of their material into FG. As far as modules go, what I meant was that I have a number of modules in PDF format. If I wanted to create FG modules from those, could I use par5e for that?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You dont need to use Par5e to create adventures. Just do it fro within FG and use the /export feature. This is how 90% of adventures for FG are created.

Send GG an email expressing your interest in seeing DCCRPG officially supported on FG. Its another revenue stream for them after all!

Blog Entries
    Par5e is not some magic tool that will do all the work for you.
    Par5e is intended to build 5e reference material from very carefully formatted input text - and this is not a trivial task.

When creating a module to run you need the following:

Maps.
    NPCs and Monsters.

Everything else is good but not required.
    In order I would then do -

Encounters

and then

Story
    Other Pics
    Items
    Parcels

There are quite a few videos on converting and adventure on youtube and possibly in the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaley View Post
    As far as modules go, what I meant was that I have a number of modules in PDF format. If I wanted to create FG modules from those, could I use par5e for that?
    This is what damned is saying - you don't need to use Par5E to create a Fantasy Grounds module, populate the data in Fantasy Grounds and export it to a module - FG is set up to allow creation of adventures within the application. The use the module export functionality: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export

Search for "fantasy grounds module" on youtube, there are quite a few videos showing how to create your own Fantasy Grounds module. A "module" in Fantasy Grounds is a container for custom data - usually "stuff" needed to run an adventure, stuff used to create a character and/or a library of useful information.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information