DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 52 First ... 354344454647 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

A couple questions about the combat tracker.

1) Is there a way to add the whole party to the combat tracker at one time? I currently just drag each character on there one at a time. But since encounters can add on the NPCs at once, I hoped maybe there was a way to add the whole party.

2) Is there a way to "End Combat" in the tracker? I find it odd that the MENU does not have any way to just end a combat so that you can start fresh (with Round=1) for the next encounter. I have to manually type 1 back in the combat tracker each time I want to start a new encounter.

3) How do you deal with summoned monsters in the combat tracker? I started "The Emerald Enchanter" adventure with my group, there is an encounter (Tile Golem) where a creature has a chance to summon more creatures each round. I had initially placed 4 summoned creatures in the encounter. As the fight went on I got to the point where the Tile Golem got to summon more than the four I had accounted for in the encounter. I was not quite sure how to add more of the summoned creatures. I went to the encounter and added that encounter to the combat tracker a second time (then deleted the Tile Golem). The problem I had was that the new creatures did not quite behave correctly in the combat tracker. I could have them target the PCs, but the combat tracker would not automatically check for a hit or apply damage properly. I think this was due to the fact that I did not have tokens for the new summons? Does anyone understand this behavior better? Should I have added the new summons directly from the NPC lists and added a token?

In the future I think I will just add more summons but leave them invisible to the players if they never get summoned. And then remember to remove them from the combat tracker at the end of the encounter.

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    These are all CoreRPG things not DCC specific.
    There is no way to add all the PCs at one time. Once added there is also no reason to remove the PCs (except Death/Departure) so you shouldnt have to do it too often once the PCs start leveling up...
    Menu -> Turn Order -> Reset
    Re-open the Encounter - Change the number of Enchanters to 0 and then click the add button again. If they are in the CT then the targeting should work. Make sure that you always add to the CT and from the CT to the map. Never drag from an NPC list or Encounter directly to the map.

"...once the PCs start leveling up..."
    Does that imply that the CT takes a snapshot of the PC at the time you add? And that if they level up, I should delete/add the PC back to the combat tracker?

"Menu -> Turn Order -> Reset"
    Thanks, I will try that.

I will experiment with re-opening the encounter and adding more summoned monsters to see if I can duplicate what I saw "In the heat of the moment", so I can understand if I did something wrong or if there is something no working correctly.

Thanks, damned.
    Kirklandone
    P.S. My group is super impressed with FG and the effort I have put into adding DCC content/modules/adventures looks well worth it. Thanks to Leozelig and all the FG supporters.

Blog Entries
    Everything damned said. I don't think the DCC ruleset has 'Turn Order-Reset' as a menu option. I usually just change the round to 0, and then hit the circular arrow button to start a new combat.

You can also duplicate NPCs in the combat tracker by grabbing the shortcut icon (brown circle at the far right of the entry) and dropping it anywhere in the CT frame. Of course, you need at least one other summoned creature in the tracker to do it that way. Maybe you could drag the NPC record to a hotkey as a backup option.

I don't know about the targeting issue. I feel like it shouldn't matter if you have a token on the map for an NPC to target a PC, but maybe I'm wrong. Try it and see what happens.

Blog Entries
    The comment about leveling up was more about DCC and the high mortality rate of the funnel.
    NPCs in the CT are snapshots but PCs are living/breathing/dynamic things - their stats stay syncd.

DCC is all leozelig - he has done a great job on the ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    My group is super impressed with FG and the effort I have put into adding DCC content/modules/adventures looks well worth it.
    You earned that, good job! Thank you for putting the ruleset to work

Here is a question that came up last week for me.
    The party found an unidentified magic dagger. The rogue / thief character picked it up and put it in his inventory. He had some normal daggers. The Inventory sheet on his character did NOT show 3 normal daggers and 1 unidentified dagger, it showed 4 daggers.

If he were to discover the nature of that magic dagger, how do we pick it out of his stack of 4 to click the identify item?
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I don't know. Click the item record to identified and re-drop to inventory, then delete the extra dagger.

Um, what happened to the forum? The style has changed dramatically...

Weird. I figured it out...kinda. I was on some very simple version, like for phones...then I clicked "Full Site" and it returned to what I was expecting.
    Last edited by kirklandone; February 21st, 2019 at 15:38.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Um, what happened to the forum? The style has changed dramatically...

Weird. I figured it out...kinda. I was on some very simple version, like for phones...then I clicked "Full Site" and it returned to what I was expecting.
    That was the mobile version. Sometimes happens if you view on a mobile device or follow a link from search results.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information