DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 52 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's a thought. I will play around with it and see what I can do.

I appreciate you looking into it. Do you have a Patreon or something, by the way? I would love to buy you a beer.

Blog Entries
    No Patreon, I don't want to ruin the fun by getting paid for this. I would take a beer though

I am updating the ruleset for CoreRPG 3.3.5 which is set to release the week after FG Con, so I will try to put something together by then.

Blog Entries
    Somehow I missed your post, benjihad...

Quote Originally Posted by benjihad View Post
    Having an issue with the attack die field on the actions tab of the character sheet. No matter what I set it to, I get the error message when attempting to test roll-to-hit:
    "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua"]:106: attempt to compare nil with number"
    Edit: I think I figured it out the first issue. I didn't notice the little magnifying glass on the top of the actions tab for setting weapon meta info, and once I set the crit die, that seemed to clear the above error!
    This will be fixed in the next release, which should be sometime next week. Currently, it only happens until you open the weapon meta dialog box, as you mention.

Also, usually I create weapons in the main items tab first, then copy over to a character sheet inventory.
    In that process, the damage type doesn't transfer over to the weapon window on the actions tab of the character sheet. Minor inconvenience on that one though since I can easily type that in or copy it over from the item.
    I don't know if I follow. I recommend creating item records (accessed through the 'Items' icon in the sidebar) and dropping them into the inventory, which will auto-create a weapon entry on the Actions tab. I think that's what you are doing if I understand correctly, so of course, the damage type is supposed to transfer. By design, only the first damage clause transfers to the weapon list and only one range type - so a dagger will create a ranged entry but not melee. I will take a look and hopefully have it fixed for the next release.

Suggestion: Maybe move that magnifying glass down a notch next to the Fumble/Crit/Deed die roll buttons so it's a little more visible?
    I was blind to the magnifying glass button on the 5E character sheet also, but it became much more obvious once I realized it was there. I want the buttons to be consistently placed across tabs, but if I have time, I will experiment with a different button icon/color to make it more visible.

Blog Entries
    Updated to version 3.0.4:
    • Compatibility with CoreRPG 3.3.5.
    • Script error when rolling deed/crit/fumble before opening weapon meta dialog box for first time. Fixed.
    • Improved sort 'by HD' for NPC list (button at top, not filter at bottom). See screenshot below.
    • Damage type field removed from weapon record. Damage type should be entered in the damage clause (e.g. 1d3 nonlethal) and will parse correctly for drops to inventory.
    • Weapon record requires subtype to include 'ranged' or 'missile' in order to parse correctly for drops to inventory. See screenshot below.
    • Added option to auto-roll crit die and/or fumble die. NPCs that do not specify a crit table/die using the format for monster crits in the rulebook (e.g. M/d6) will roll a d4. See screenshot below.
    • Party sheet rolls will be placed in tower, if hidden rolls enabled.
    • Class and level combined into a single field on the party sheet and will now populate correctly.
    • Script error for party sheet attack rolls. Fixed.
    • Results of tower rolls will always be hidden.
    • Skill checks, ability checks and saving throws made by GM will be hidden based on combat tracker visibility of creature, if creature in combat tracker.

Download linked in post #1.

npcs_by_hd.jpgsubtype_ranged.jpgoptions_fumble_crit.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; April 19th, 2018 at 03:37.

Blog Entries
    \o/

Thanks for keeping this getting better all the time.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Updated to 3.0.5:

Added XP tab to the party sheet and XP fields to encounters/quests.

This is a minor feature but has been on my list for a long time.

Hi guys,

This maybe a stupid question but...

If I were to download this module, does it include a version of the rules equivalent to those I already have ?

Also, does it included character sheets etc.

Finally, does this module rely on having any other materials (e.g. core rpg) ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lippy View Post
    Hi guys,

This maybe a stupid question but...

If I were to download this module, does it include a version of the rules equivalent to those I already have ?

Also, does it included character sheets etc.

Finally, does this module rely on having any other materials (e.g. core rpg) ?

Thanks
    Some questions are best answered by downloading and trying it out.
    It cannot include library material for copyright reasons.
    Mechanics and feature-wise it is a very good ruleset and well worth a run if you like DCC.

I love DCC. I have loaded this up and without creating a bunch of characters and creating NPC's I cannot see yet what this module can do.

Is there a way to create your own NPC's in Fastasy Grounds ? Thinking of maybe remaking a DCC module for example, how to I get the creatures in ?

Thanks

Thread Information