DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 52 First ... 3456715 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Let me know if you encounter any issues. I am working on a new desktop decal, so look for an update by the end of the weekend!
    So far so good. I probably won't get a chance to do a proper playtest with a live group, but I haven't noticed anything goofy. Good job!

Blog Entries
    I posted the updated ruleset with the new desktop decal.

Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I posted the updated ruleset with the new desktop decal.

Enjoy!
    You should post a few more screenies with DCC art as that seemed to pique the DCC crowds interest a little?

Blog Entries
    Good idea - do you mean in the G+ community?

I have upgraded and am raring to go for next game. I must remember to send you feedback...

Blog Entries
    Yes, definitely send me any bugs or feature requests... Hope you have fun!

Blog Entries
    Updated ruleset to v1.6 with a couple of bug fixes:

• Critical hit range was not calculating correctly for warriors and dwarves when rolling an attack die other than d20.
    • Effects that raise or lower the attack die (entangled, squeezing, etc.) were not functioning.

You can download the updated ruleset here.

Blog Entries
    A couple more fixes for v1.6:

• Spell description (linked by shortcut) generated a script error when opened and did not display fields.
    • Critical hit and fumble dice results were incorrectly set to a minimum value of 1.

Blog Entries
    Updated to v1.7 with a bug fix and a couple minor enhancements:

• [BUG FIX] Deed die bonus not applying to the damage roll.
    • Added action die description to attack and spell check rolls: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [d20]...
    • Created a modifier for the deed die, which applies for warriors and dwarves at levels 7-10.
    • Removed [DEED +#] from the attack/damage roll messages for warriors and dwarves to reduce clutter.
    • Simplified code for automatic adjustment of the attack die based on effects.
    • Added a few tooltips on the character sheet for clarification.

Most of these fixes are related to automating the "mighty deed of arms" bonus a couple versions back. Then, when I fixed the critical hit determination code, I somehow removed the code that stores the result of the deed die roll for application to the damage roll. I guess it's a good thing in the end, because I did not realize that higher-level warriors and dwarves actually have a fixed number modifier to the deed die, which was easy enough to include.

If anyone actually uses this ruleset besides me, let me know if I have missed anything.

Blog Entries
    Updated to v1.8

• Moved the luck ability score to the bottom row of the character sheet below intelligence, which seems to be the convention for most printed character sheets (but not the sheets created by Goodman Games).
    • Fixed critical hit calculations for action dice below d20.
    • Thief skills and other class abilities from the rulebook automatically apply the appropriate ability score modifier(s) and armor check penalty.
    • Added SKILL modifier for the combat tracker.
    • Language list moved to the abilities tab of the character sheet.
    • Several languages added for the language feature in the chat window.
    • Armor check penalty now applies to the spell check roll for wizards and elves.

* For those intrepid souls who have been running previous versions of this ruleset, the language list for existing PCs will be empty. The host can find these in the db.xml file for each PC as <languages> if players do not remember what they are. I was not motivated enough to write a script for the conversion, sorry...

I have not updated the user guide in awhile - post here if you have any questions.

Thread Information