5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 51 of 52 First ... 4149505152 Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. There are a few options here...

1. Add an ‘Edit’ button to the bottom right to “unlock” this option. The button to roll ability scores would only show in edit mode and would appear next to the Edit button, similar to other tabs on the char sheet.

2. Add a ‘Roll Ability Scores’ option to the radial menu when you right-click on the character sheet (maybe with a second click for confirmation). This might be over-looked if you don’t know it’s there, but no risk of accidental re-rolls.

3. Leave the button where it is but add a confirmation dialog box.

I would be interested to hear opinions. I listed these in order of my preference, but I am flexible. Removing it is also an option, but if you need to roll up a few zeroes for a funnel, the old method is tedious.
    Voting for #1 on this.

When Dwarves and Warriors attack is there a way to auto include their deed die? I was poking around yesterday and didn't seem to stumble onto it.

Can FG support the magic rolling functionality of something like The Crawler app? Might be getting some chocolate in the peanut butter but it would be pretty sweet to just click on the spell and have it do the rest of the work from there.

Best practice for adding spell burn bonuses? I'm assuming using the modifier window by the dice would be the easiest for the roll but not sure if there's a good way to track the ability point cost on the character's stats.

DCC thread could be anywhere and we'd find it

It is similar to the 5E ruleset. Drop a spell to the character sheet, right-click on the spell, and select ‘Add Action’ followed by ‘Add Cast’. By default, this will roll a d20 using your base spell check modifier, but you can click the magnifying glass icon to adjust the settings. I believe that some actions will parse automatically when the spell is added, which is something I plan to improve.

I have considered creating rollable spell tables as an alternative. The spell check result would display in the chat window, but you lose the ability to target NPCs, auto-roll NPCs saves, and apply effect modifiers from the combat tracker. Load times for the module might increase considerably as well - tables require some real estate on the back end.
    I just tried it - works fine.

With the few spells I've tried, the effects (e.g. Dazed for Charm Person) and damage actions (e.g. for Chill Touch) were automatically added, but the Cast actions had to be manually added. I assume that's what you described you're planning to improve. It would be great if the Cast actions were automatically added as well.

I also noticed that there are a whole bunch of redundant Dmg actions. E.g. Chill Touch adds several 1d6 Dmg actions, several 2d6, etc. - see screenshot. I'm guessing it parses all of these out of the individual spell result tables, leading to this redundancy. Perhaps these could be deduped first.

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 9.22.55 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I recommend you request a new sub forum specific to DCC.
    /agree!
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

"Why do squares have more sides than triangles?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCatcher78 View Post
    When Dwarves and Warriors attack is there a way to auto include their deed die? I was poking around yesterday and didn't seem to stumble onto it.

Can FG support the magic rolling functionality of something like The Crawler app? Might be getting some chocolate in the peanut butter but it would be pretty sweet to just click on the spell and have it do the rest of the work from there.

Best practice for adding spell burn bonuses? I'm assuming using the modifier window by the dice would be the easiest for the roll but not sure if there's a good way to track the ability point cost on the character's stats.
    To include the deed bonus for the attack, click the star icon (in the weapon list or weapon detail). You need to click the ‘Deed’ button each round to set the attack/damage bonus. If you need to manually adjust it for any reason, you can edit the ‘Result’ field in the ‘Weapon Meta’ window accessed by clicking the magnifying glass to the far right of the ‘Weapons’ header.

First priority for spells is to set up the actions for each spell, including the cast action, so players don’t have to fuss with duplicates, etc. I haven’t used Crawlers Companion for a long time - do you mean roll a spell check and have the table result display (without manual lookup)? I will figure out a solution for that because it seems like something the ruleset needs to do, but I want to keep the roll linked to the character sheet rather than a separate rollable table.

Spellburn is tricky. I do think the character sheet needs a way to track temporary ability loss, including spellburn and luck, so that will be there at some point. Currently, the actual bonus should be added to the modifier box, and the ability loss added as an effect to the combat tracker (by the judge) - ‘Spellburn; AGI:-3’ for example.

Blog Entries
    The 'Roll Ability Scores' button is now safely hidden behind the edit button. I don't think there is any risk of accidental re-roll with this, and it looks better anyway. This will go out in the next update (today?). Also included - class drops (when gaining a level) will auto-update skills, with additional messaging for each updated field, and base speed will auto-update when you add an occupation.

roll ability scores button.jpg

The 'Roll Ability Scores' button is now safely hidden behind the edit button. I don't think there is any risk of accidental re-roll with this, and it looks better anyway. This will go out in the next update (today?). Also included - class drops (when gaining a level) will auto-update skills, with additional messaging for each updated field, and base speed will auto-update when you add an occupation.

roll ability scores button.jpg
    Thanks, I just tried out the new reroll UI. It works fine (thanks!) - just one weird issue:

I have to click at the very bottom of the round "edit list" or "roll ability scores" button. Any clicks on the top half of the button don't register. At first, I didn't realize this and was wondering why it doesn't work.
    (This is on OSX in case it matters.)

Blog Entries
    I will check the button issue.

FYI... The thread for the official DCC ruleset will be moving to the Classic D&D sub forum under Game Systems. Expect another adventure (Yddgrrl’s Maze) with the next update on Tuesday.

Blog Entries
    I believe the lucky roll subwindow was overlapping with the top half of the edit and roll buttons. I will fix this for the 4/30 update.

Sounds great on both fronts (new adventure + button fix). Thanks!

Blog Entries
    The new thread is now up. Please post any comments etc. regarding the official DCC RPG ruleset here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-Game-Ruleset

Thread Information