STAR TREK 2d20
Page 48 of 52 First ... 384647484950 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Just wanted to put in a request: On the item sheet, a 'HP' field would be fantastic.

Great work on the ruleset, and awesome to see this picked up by Goodman Games finally!

Getting ready to run a one-person, 20 character-crucible tomorrow using Portal Under The Stars. Hopefully, it'll be a TPK, but we'll see.
    Last edited by benjihad; April 14th, 2019 at 12:18. Reason: Reduced request count

Blog Entries
    20 characters played by one person?! That should be interesting...

Congrats on the Ruleset gaining official status!!! Really excited to download and get a funnel running!

Of course RIGHT AFTER I finish putting a bunch of content in the software, this is released.

Curious to know what sorts of changes are in the official ruleset release vs. this version, if any, thanks.

[Edit: Will just find out when I finish running that adventure this weekend since I just grabbed it after looking at the screenshots this evening. Great work!]
    Last edited by benjihad; April 17th, 2019 at 08:31. Reason: Putting my money where my mouth is

Quote Originally Posted by benjihad View Post
    Of course RIGHT AFTER I finish putting a bunch of content in the software, this is released.

Curious to know what sorts of changes are in the official ruleset release vs. this version, if any, thanks.
    Yes, I'm wondering too. Will content entered under this ruleset be compatible with the official ruleset when released?
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

"Why do squares have more sides than triangles?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwartz View Post
    ... the official ruleset when released?
    You may be interested in this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=GGDCCGMG5070T
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    HAHAHA!! LOL!

Released on April 16, 2019
    Well, now I know what to do while off this week

Thanks bud
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwartz View Post
    Yes, I'm wondering too. Will content entered under this ruleset be compatible with the official ruleset ...?
    To answer my own question, I'm no expert, but this seems to work; so far so good!

open the campaign.xml file and change

<ruleset>DCCRPG</ruleset>

to

<ruleset>DCC RPG</ruleset>

Note the space.

I installed and checked things out. Excuse me if we should submit feedback differently, but I notice a couple things:

1. It is awesome!
    2. How about a customized "Backgrounds" button that says "Occupations"?
    3. When adding an occupation to the character sheet, is it possible to automatically fill in the speed? i.e. 20' for dwarves and halflings and 30' for everyone else?
    4. Can we get that awesome Peter Mullen decal added as an option too?
    5. Additional action die is added to the features when leveling up. But, in the Actions tab. Will it be possible to add additional action die associated with the listed weapons? i.e. a 6th level cleric with a warhammer equipped. Having the automated d20 attack die, but then a second box with a d14? And with 10th level warrior having a 3rd die?
    6. Should Appendix C and P be left out of the Player module?

Will there be a DCC RPG game system subforum added to the main forums page?

Did I mention it's awesome? Thank you!
    Last edited by TheSwartz; April 17th, 2019 at 02:08.

Blog Entries
    1. Thank you!
    2. I agree. I borrowed the default 5E theme because I like the leather desktop. I will see what I can do about getting a button made for that.
    3. Yes, already done actually. I also added auto-fill support for thief skills. Just need to check that everything is working properly.
    4. I am working on more decals, including the alternate cover by Peter Mullen (assuming that's what you mean).
    5. The extra action dice are tricky to incorporate without redesigning the weapons list entirely, at least from a coding perspective. Currently, you can add a second weapon entry for the extra action die. You can also click the desktop button ('-2d' for a d14), but you have to do that every time you roll an attack. You can create a hotkey for each attack to make things a little more streamlined. I realize this is not a perfect solution.
    6. Good eye - that was my initial plan. But then I found 2 or 3 references in spell descriptions that refer the player to one of those appendices, and it seemed like they needed to be in there. For example, 'Stinging Stone' references Appendix P.

I appreciate the suggestions. I will continue to build and incorporate more official content that was previously off limits.

Thread Information