DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 22 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Is there any feedback on the playtesting so far? Any unforeseen difficulties?

Why there is no ronnke's game in the event list of FG Con? Did Something happen?

Quote Originally Posted by phoagne View Post
    Why there is no ronnke's game in the event list of FG Con? Did Something happen?
    Not sure I ever saw ronnke post a GURPS game for FG Con8, but see here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...re!/page11#103

and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ere!/page10#92

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Eager to see your developments on this project... I've played many systems,but Gurps was a big one with friends (mainly 3rd ed,but some of us are branching or converting our pc,s to 4th).
    Also never played FG! I have seen your beta test and thought it looked good.

how large can the maps be? are they scaleable?,in order to encompass say mass battles etc? is there a token max per map?

And back to npc's ,would Allies ,Dependents or patrons be sheets made by the gm and applied to the pc character sheet? or a separate entity that would come and go as per its frequency of appearance.?

Awaiting feedback.

@Cheezal72

Welcome! Always good to see another GURPS player!

You can play Gurps using FG right now. There is a new ruleset in development, but the old one works very well. The restriction on maps is basically limited by the file sharing limits from DM to player. The recommendation is to keep them below 1MB. I've done maps that are 600m x 600m. At that scale, with the file size limitation, you lose resolution if you zoom in to the level of individual tokens. If you are talking about tokens that represent units, then you could of course represent larger distances.

I've never run across a token limitation. I think any limitation has more to do with limits in the combat tracker. I've run combats with 25+ PCs and NPCs. There are stories of people running more.

Regarding your last question, that seems to be more of an issue of playstyle, than anything else. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

You should spend some time getting acquainted with FG in general so that you can see how it is used with the various game systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezal72 View Post
    And back to npc's ,would Allies ,Dependents or patrons be sheets made by the gm and applied to the pc character sheet? or a separate entity that would come and go as per its frequency of appearance.?
    This is subjective and could be handled whatever way the GM or the group desires. In one game I ran, a particular character's animal companion ally was given a full character sheet and appeared on the PC roster. In another game a character was the captain of a pirate crew, and her dozens of crew members were represented by simple NPC sheets.

TL;DR: You handle it the way you want, the system is flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Soon. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment. Lets just say, I want to run a game during FGCon with the new ruleset.
    Soooo... Any news? FGCon was a week ago.
    I am just really excited about this ruleset, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by phoagne View Post
    (. . .) I am just really excited about this ruleset, I can't wait.
    You're not alone. This work looks so promising!
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Still no word on Ronnke's sudden disappearance eh? Anywho heard from him?

Quote Originally Posted by TalonKaine View Post
    Still no word on Ronnke's sudden disappearance eh? Anywho heard from him?
    Ronnke is still around. Be patient!

Thread Information