STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I guess my problem with this comes from a more overlying problem I have: I have tried copying the entire D20 ruleset to another folder, and editing the base.xml file to point to the new folder, but when I do this, FG crashes during load-up. I have even tried renaming the d20_xxx files to house_xxx but that doest work either. As it stands, the only files I can successfully have my houserule base.xml file point to are classes, equipment, and charsheet.xml. When I use the modified charsheet.xml and make a folder called frames to hold the modified charsheet_skills.png and charsheet_main.png, FG uses the bounding boxes defined in the modified charsheet, but still loads the orginal frames from the d20 folder. What I'm trying to find is how to tell FG to load the custom images in the houserules folder, not the default ones.

Quote Originally Posted by heliopolix
    What I'm trying to find is how to tell FG to load the custom images in the houserules folder, not the default ones.
    Duplicated on my end. I have the same issue.

BTS

Have you used the unpack.exe file? This seems to sort things. Make sure you run it twice before you copy anything out of D20. Also note these files where done before the recent patches so might not be compatible with 1.03.

Using the unpack.exe solved things. I had installed the base program, and installed the 1.03 pack, but because I hadnt updated the ruleset files via the unpak, the d20_graphics.xml and several others were missing from the d20 ruleset folder, without me being aware that they were absent. Being able to edit d20_graphics is neccessary to make the program use the correct picture files to go along with the modified charsheet.

Thanks for the tip, this is working as it should now.

Also some a minor typo error in the modified charsheet - the numbercontrol for the fourth class level needs its sounds rect line changed to <bounds rect="475,261,34,23" /> (change in bold.) the number is currently 251, and the number doesnt synch with the picture.

Other than that, great sheet.

SRD Ruleset

Thanks for the edit with the fourth class number field. I've been busy adding psionics, npcs, goods & services and trade goods. I have the psionic monsters to add yet. Look for my post in The Armory for the location of my ruleset.

Thread Information