STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If you dont have time to read the new beta2 rules, check out Jdale's posts, where he goes through some of the more important stuff (compared to Beta1).

https://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/...hp?board=200.0

Look for posts like this:

3. Characters

He marks the posts like that with, the chapter.

The new creature law is MASSIVE (around 1000 pages, I kid you not). The content is just dropped in without much formatting, so it can be hard to read... Lots and lots is about how to make new creatures and the many talents creatures can have (EVERYTHING is a talent; movement, attacks, defences and special abilities, a creatures will have both a talent for how to move on ground, and have a talent for movement in the air, if it can fly, etc). It's all very interesting way to do it (seems a lot like a combination of the abilities for D&D creatures, but added a cost which makes me think of powers in Fantasy hero, It is very demanding on the GM I think, as I need to know what all those talents means....

Thanks for the tip, Tiqon. I am indeed out of touch with the state of RMU. I'll be reacquainting myself with the ruleset and RMU before labour day... ...hopefully!

Happy to see jshauber and JohnD's enthusiasm for the game. I'll follow up on this forum as I'm getting nearer the start date. I'm contemplating using a pre-written Adventure Path to ease the burden on myself, likely one published by Paizo. If anyone has a campaign they've been hoping to play, post it here; who knows, it may sway my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    Happy to see jshauber and JohnD's enthusiasm for the game. I'll follow up on this forum as I'm getting nearer the start date. I'm contemplating using a pre-written Adventure Path to ease the burden on myself, likely one published by Paizo. If anyone has a campaign they've been hoping to play, post it here; who knows, it may sway my decision.
    I'll be keen - as long as I can play a halfling?

I've always been interested in the role-playing and intrigue of Curse of the Crimson Throne. Perhaps playing a halfling for that AP wouldn't be such a good idea... The upcoming Hell's Rebels sounds cool, and I always like something with an Egyptian influence: Mummy's Mask. Curse of the Crimson Throne was made for 3.5E OGL, so it will probably be easier to convert into RM than the more recent Pathfinder APs.

A lot of people I've spoken to really rate the Red Hand of Doom super adventure. There's a DMs handbook available here: https://www.giantitp.com/forums/show...ers!-WIP-PEACH! Red Hand of Doom is frequently in the top 10/20 D&D modules of all time rankings. It starts at level 6 though, so may need some preliminary work to get the PCs up to the right level.

Loads more I could suggest if you want some more?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Trenloe we played the Red Hand of Doom using Castles & Crusades. I had to strongly suggest the players didnt visit the GhostLord when they first discovered his presence. Other than that I think it works/worked pretty well.

Blog Entries
    I'm always up for some Rolemaster with lachancery... was very bummed when our last game ended.

As far as paizo APs go.. The Mummy's Mask looks pretty cool... I'm not sure about Skulls & Shackles.. I played the 1st book (with a group that folded (including Trenloe) due to GM disappearance) and it seemed like it had some confusing motivations. Has anyone heard anything good about the Serpent's Skull? Giantslayer might work well with RM.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I'm interested in Skull & Shackles as a player, so I won't be choosing that one for sure. S&S is an AP that requires some "team sport planning" ahead of time, and characters must be created with the AP in mind; it is a rather specific theme and direction. Characters that are not built for the AP would likely feel like square pegs and round holes...

I'm currently playing in Mummy's Mask (that's my current avatar picture); that's a possibility for the fall.
    Last edited by lachancery; July 10th, 2015 at 16:39.

Mummy's Mask wouldn't work for me as I am playing it with you, so lots of not doing anything to contribute as I pretend I have no clue what is happening.

Serpent's Skull has always sounded interesting and I have a couple friends that loved the Reign of Winter path.

Truthfully, as long as we are playing RoleMaster I don't care what we do, maybe go old school and convert one of those.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Thread Information