FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Ideas and Requests

Thought I'd start a topic for people to post ideas that they would like included and make suggestions for future modifications.

here are a few I thought of:

1. Background music for atmospherics
    2. Sounds effects (i.e. dripping water in that dungeon crawl, distant scream)
    3. Voice comms
    4. More tokens
    5. More / commands (i.e. predefined emotes, predefined moods)

None of these are essential and I’m sure there are many many things that will be worked on before any of this, but thought I’d throw them into the mix

M.A.T.T.
    Circle of Four

One other thought:

It would be nice if the gold coins/tokens that are displayed when you minimized items had the unique name under them in text. For quickly identifying which is which.

M.A.T.T.
    Circle of Four

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do.

We plan on focusing on the strengths of the software rather than expanding to other territories, such as voice messaging.

About tokens, we'll probably draw some, but here our intention is to provide a file service where everyone can upload their token packs etc.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Thanks for the response, It's alway nice to see a developer reading thier own boards.
    All too often you feel things you say get lost in the ether on these boards.

Good Work all round.

Have you guys forged any ties with Fluid about Dundjinni, it could be a start to something fabulous between you guys 8)

Your software compliments eachothers rather nicely.

M.A.T.T.
    Circle of Four

Ok Ok - it looks like I'm a raving madman talking to himself now but... I keep thinking of things

1. Time of Day Indicator (little icon displayed for players, to compliment colour ambience, GM controlled)
    2. Weather Indicator (maybe with graphic effect too, GM controlled)

Good ideas! We'll get atleast some of these in the 1.03 patch.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

OK, I know that these are ideas that some users desire, but I can't help but feel they are features that should be made available as add-ons. I'm hoping that this program will stay as light and streamlined as it is by sticking to the core purpose of emulating a tabletop. I think users and developers might sometimes forget that less is more. Too often do applications end up being overstuffed with little features that clutter the application and increase the learnning curve. Additionally, they tend to add to the list of bugs needed to be fixed which detracts time from development on the core functions of the application.

Things such as background music and sound effects could be left for users to play on their own respective systems, not something to include in a software application. I would rather see these added features made available as add-ons instead of part of the core application.

Again, I suggest keeping the core application available for those who want the basics and offer add-ons for those who want the extra features.
    ~ Kristian Serrano

Nice ideas but...

I was having the same sort of thoughs as Amaril.

Specifically:

1. Background music for atmospherics

Good idea but too much I think. Its not really a 'table top' thing.

2. Sounds effects (i.e. dripping water in that dungeon crawl, distant scream)

Actually, if it could be done without too much trouble (people having different wav players ect) this is a nice idea. There are many times a dm says something like "You hear wolfs howling in the forest". Now you could hear them. Its not too far from the table top experiance

3. Voice comms

This was talked about in another thread. There are other free apps out there that do this and so no reason to add the functionality into this.

4. More tokens

As long as its easy to add your own or, as the devs say, import others its not too big a deal. It could be a nice addon pack later on. Pay $5 for extra artwork or something.

5. More / commands (i.e. predefined emotes, predefined moods)

Sounds ok.

1. Time of Day Indicator (little icon displayed for players, to compliment colour ambience, GM controlled)

Nice idea, not sure how important it is though. Usually time jumps around too much ( in our game at least). A sliding bar going from midnight to midnight the next day that the dm could slide around might work.

2. Weather Indicator (maybe with graphic effect too, GM controlled)

Nice idea. Nothing like looking at some snow to remind characters they should be cold!

My 1.5 cents.

rv

Keep them ideas coming.

About sounds in general, we decided to drop sound support during development. The dice actually created a real-time generated sound when in contact with the desktop.

For now though, we are focusing on visual presentation as far as improving immersion goes. About the other ideas, I personally like the time of day indicator and weather eff^H^H^H indicator. :wink:
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

I do agree, keeping this program streamlined and running fast is very important. Some of my suggested features could slow things down - but they would be nice.

As I said not essential, but could be fun!

Thread Information