STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bard "Jack Of All Trades" ?

How are people implementing this item? Or am I missing something on the character sheet?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

The skill proficiencies can be set (by clicking on the star next to each skill) to Proficient, Double Proficiency Bonus, Half Proficiency Bonus, and None. You want to set all of the bards non-proficient skills to "half proficiency bonus". EZPZ
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Quote Originally Posted by TASagent View Post
    The skill proficiencies can be set (by clicking on the star next to each skill) to Proficient, Double Proficiency Bonus, Half Proficiency Bonus, and None. You want to set all of the bards non-proficient skills to "half proficiency bonus". EZPZ
    Thank you..
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

"Jack of all Trades; CHECK:[HPRF], all" works as a spell

I modified the effect to be viable for all plain attribute checks plus initiative + I removed the duration, so it won't run out in the combat tracker:
    Jack of all Trades; CHECK: [HPRF], strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, init; [SELF]
    Additionally set all skills in the skill tab to half proficiency as mentioned above and you should be fine.

Edit: Ok, this doesn't work for skills you have proficiency in. There you also get a bonus, that you shouldn't get..... :-(
    Last edited by Keijdn; March 29th, 2023 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Keijdn View Post
    I modified the effect to be viable for all plain attribute checks plus initiative + I removed the duration, so it won't run out in the combat tracker:
    Jack of all Trades; CHECK: [HPRF], strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, init; [SELF]
    Additionally set all skills in the skill tab to half proficiency as mentioned above and you should be fine.

Edit: Ok, this doesn't work for skills you have proficiency in. There you also get a bonus, that you shouldn't get..... :-(
    See the discussion here for more on Jack of All trades https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-Bard-Package
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you are willing to load an extension, This one handles Jack of all Trades, Remarkable Athlete and Glibness.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ht=#post649799

Thanks for the hints, guys! I'm inclined to try out the extension, but so far the solution from the other thread helped me. This is what seems to work for me, now:
    Jack of all Trades; CHECK:[HPRF];SKILL: [-HPRF], acrobatics, deception,insight,intimidation,perception,performa nce,persuasion,stealth; [SELF]

Blog Entries
    Why not just give half proficiency to all the skills on the skills tab of the character sheet? It's a pretty permanent ability and doing it on the abilities tab means you don't have to re-add the effect if you ever pull it off the CT.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Why not just give half proficiency to all the skills on the skills tab of the character sheet? It's a pretty permanent ability and doing it on the abilities tab means you don't have to re-add the effect if you ever pull it off the CT.
    Because CHECK:[HPRF] also gives you half proficiency to skills; so you'll get double proficiency bonus on skills if you also make them half proficient.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information