5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Any Sort of 'Standardized' Editor?

I'm looking thru the XML and don't relish the thought of trying to get all these AD&D 1E Spells, Monsters and such in there by editing the raw code.

Is there some sort of editor that might allow me to create a blank template and then fill them in (a la Database style)?

Do all the the monsters have to be in ONE file or can you have individual monster files and have the system see them?

Reason I'm asking is that I (currently) have a php/mysql database for AD&D 1E where folks can input their own Monsters, Spells, etc. Now if they come across a Monster that they want to use in OpenRPG, they click the OpenRPG logo, and the system gives them the XML for that Monster to be imported into OpenRPG - I'd really like to be able to offer the same thing for FG.

Re: Any Sort of 'Standardized' Editor?

Quote Originally Posted by Elric
    Reason I'm asking is that I (currently) have a php/mysql database for AD&D 1E where folks can input their own Monsters, Spells, etc. Now if they come across a Monster that they want to use in OpenRPG, they click the OpenRPG logo, and the system gives them the XML for that Monster to be imported into OpenRPG - I'd really like to be able to offer the same thing for FG.
    And where might an interested party find such a wonderful little treasure?

It's nothing magnificant (I still have a LOT of work to do on the entire system) but you're more than welcome to take a look.

https://www.otalisman.com/addcap/tomes.php

Is there some sort of editor that might allow me to create a blank template and then fill them in (a la Database style)?
    Sorry, but I didn't get exactly what you are looking for... Are you looking for a parser that would convert your existing entries or just a way to type the stuff in? If the latter, here's a hint: by default, the NPC and monster sheets are identical in their data fields. You can enter stuff using FG and cut and paste from the campaign's db.xml file to the ruleset.

Do all the the monsters have to be in ONE file or can you have individual monster files and have the system see them?
    They can be in multiple files, but you have to have an include tag somewhere to include each file into the set. If they are in multiple files, remember to include the <root> tag, and the first level <node> tag in all included files (see my tutorial thread for a bit more on these).
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin-King
    Sorry, but I didn't get exactly what you are looking for... Are you looking for a parser that would convert your existing entries or just a way to type the stuff in? If the latter, here's a hint: by default, the NPC and monster sheets are identical in their data fields. You can enter stuff using FG and cut and paste from the campaign's db.xml file to the ruleset.
    Just a way to type stuff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin-King
    Just a way to type stuff in.
    You might try XMLSpy from Altova...the Home edition is a free download (I think) - https://www.altova.com/

Hope that helps...

-matt

It's nothing magnificant (I still have a LOT of work to do on the entire system) but you're more than welcome to take a look.

https://www.otalisman.com/addcap/tomes.php
    Looks pretty cool, but you should really make it for 3.5 and export all of the stuff from the SRD into it! That would ROCK!

Nah - I don't play (or plan on playing) 3.5 so that's why everything I'm doing is geared to 1st Edition.

Aw, shucks - this would be an AWESOME online 3e tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy
    Looks pretty cool, but you should really make it for 3.5 and export all of the stuff from the SRD into it! That would ROCK!
    Ashy, check out https://www.andargor.com/

Thread Information