5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Added two items regarding locked tokens. (Middle mouse click to approve, and hold control to create NPC movement requests.)
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

This is great! Thank you very much.

Thank you, this will help me a lot I am running my first module this week, regards.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33985&dateline=143143  1305

Thanks for doing this. I haven't had my first session and this made me aware of a few 'tricks'.

Excellent. It's good to hear that some of this is helpful for people.

If you come across anything you think should be on here, feel free to post about it and I'll add it.
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Hhhmmmm, I could have sworn I'd replied to this.

Very good list of hints/tips.

Please add some info about connecting a second instance on the same computer and "join game" with localhost - this is an invaluable aid to GMs in understanding what players see, when things update, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe. Good suggestion, adding.

Added "Creating and Updating Characters" section just now, and "GM Tips" section yesterday.

Not necessarily FG specific, but a trick for finding the Fantasy Grounds data folder:
    Click Start button (or the equivalent) and type in the search box %appdata% (yes, put both % symbols there) and press enter.
    Windows Explorer will open - Scroll down to the Fantasy Grounds folder.

Alternatively you can make a shortcut to "%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds" on your desktop or for your task bar.

Even better - after creating the shortcut, drag it to the Favorites section of your Windows Explorer window (left column at the top). In many Save As dialogs you will be able to use this shortcut to go straight to the folder you need (Handy when downloading images or tokens).

I just wish Par5e was aware of environment variables so I could use that for the module directory path and the data folder (I use multiple computers). Maybe I'll go add that to a Par5e thread somewhere.
    Last edited by dj-wedge; June 18th, 2015 at 18:49.
    Wedge
    -----
    Ultimate license holder
    Running a D&D 5e homegrown campaign and a Forgotten Realms campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by dj-wedge View Post
    Not necessarily FG specific, but a trick for finding the Fantasy Grounds data folder:
    Click Start button (or the equivalent) and type in the search box %appdata% (yes, put both % symbols there) and press enter.
    Windows Explorer will open - Scroll down to the Fantasy Grounds folder.
    Good info.

As an FYI - if you change your default FG app data directory this might take you to an old/invalid directory. The way to be sure you're in the right directory is to open FG and press the "open data folder" icon in the top right hand corner of the FG launch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dj-wedge View Post
    Even better - after creating the shortcut, drag it to the Favorites section of your Windows Explorer window (left column at the top). In many Save As dialogs you will be able to use this shortcut to go straight to the folder you need (Handy when downloading images or tokens).
    Very good tip. Use this after you've identified your current, valid FG data directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information