FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Farnaby's PFRPG Spellbook

Farnaby's PFRPG Spellbook

Update: V.2.01 Fixed Dispel Evil in all 3 books.

Update: V.2.0 Added the level 4 spells, split the book into 3 versions, reworked the optional conditions and did various bugfixes.

Update: V.1.4 Added all remaining level 3 spells including the new occult classes, also added the text for the mythic versions. The Occultist is split into alphabetical and by school. Added a Lite version that only lists the Occultist spells alphabetically. Still didn't check the optional conditions.

Update: V.1.3.1 Added Level 3 Witch spells and some level 2 spells I missed.
    I will now go through and check the syntax for the optional conditions that are now part of FG.

Update: V.1.2 Added all level 2 spells and the Unchained Summoner spell list.

Update: V.1.1 Added Community Use Statement and alphabetical All Spells list.

NEW for v. 2.0:
    There are now 3 different spell books. The first is PFRPG and contains all the spells apart from Mythic, the second is PFS-Classic
    which donates Pathfinder Society Classic play and the last is PFS-Core which is of course Pathfinder Society Core play.

All spells now use optional conditions as it is built in. These read the 1st field, called type, in the npc/monster sheet where you see the general characteristics of the monster.
    The type, alignment, size, etc. Here an example: For prot. vs. chaos the effect is now Prot. vs. Chaos;IFT:ALIGN(chaotic); AC: 2; SAVE: 2 resistance
    So as long as the Type field of the opponent has chaotic, chaotic good, chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, CG, CN, or CG in it, the effect will work.

Some of these effects are dependent on giving either the caster, the target or both a tag for the effect to work, this has been integrated into the spell effects.
    e.g. Vex Giant, you get a +4 bonus on all combat maneuver checks against 1 single opponent. So there are 2 effects, 1 gives the opponent a tag, the other is to activate the bonus.
    1st effect: Vex Giant;VGTgt
    2nd effect: Vex Giant;IFT:CUSTOM(VGTgt);CMB:4 insight

This might look complicated, but just hit the effect buttons.

Some bonuses could not be calculated automatically so in the spell description I have added instructions in the square brackets.
    e.g. [Add 2 bonus damage & sacred to weapon] Here you should make a copy of your weapon and add these bonuses to it,
    [edit RESIST to 12 x CL, subtract DMG done after attack] This spell adds a resist bonus to 12 times caster level and can resist up to 120 hit points.

Again, if you have a spell that effects a weapon, then add the weapon to your weapon list with the added spell bonuses in advance, it's a lot easier.

This spellbook has all the current spells of the following levels (0 - 4) for all characters in it apart from the newest 3 or so books.

Also, when you drag the spell from the library, the proper effects are added.

I have gone through the D20pfrd, the Paizo PRD and the Archives of Nethys as my sources.
    I have added the source book for the spell at the bottom of the description.

I make use of the player effect removal extension. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension
    It does not matter if you do not use this extension, all you have to do is remove the effects manually as usual.

I use several footnotes in the spell names, these are as follows:

(M) & (F)
    Denotes a material or focus component that is valuable and not a normal part of a spell component pouch

(RACE)
    These spells are denoted with the name of the race in parentheses after the spell's name.
    It is at the GM's discretion if other races can use these spells.
    It is not PFS-legal to use these spells if you are not of that particular race.

(GOD)
    These spells are denoted with the god’s name in parentheses after the spell’s name.
    Worshipers of a spell’s associated deity always treat the spell as common, and need not research it in order to prepare
    or learn it. Despite this, all the spells are available to members of other faiths, though some temples
    or religious organizations may proscribe the use of specific spells. Additionally, arcane spellcasters have unlocked the
    secrets of casting particular spells.

Make sure you have the latest version of these extensions loaded:

DCPlus: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p?23178-DCPlus

And now how you can help!
    If you use this library and notice a mistake, please reply to this thread so that I can correct it.
    If you think I have effects set up wrongly, then reply to this thread.
    If you want different effects set up for a spell because you use FG differently, reply to this thread.

I hope you find this useful.
    I have no problem seeing 2 or 3 different versions of the same spell with different effects set up as to how people use them.

I hope you find this useful.
    Last edited by Farnaby; June 7th, 2016 at 20:36. Reason: Updated to 2.01
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

And now if any one is interested ,

I created all the level 1 pregens for PFS play and I noticed that dragging the spells from the library sometimes didn't get the effects right.
    Also, there were lots and lots of spells missing from the newer books.

So I went and created a PC in FG for each caster type and manually added the spells by hand with the effects.
    I took the basic PFRPG Spells library module and copied the xml spell blocks from the PC file into the skeleton of the library xml file.
    All the spells had to have their xml tag changed from <id-00145> to <shieldoffaith> for example and the
    description text had to be changed from string to formattedtext which changed the format from extended expressions (\n, \t, etc.)
    to HTML formatting (<p>, <b>), etc. Also the index had to be setup, but I managed that with the mail merge in Word.

When you drag the spell onto your character though, the formatting changes back to extended and loses all it's formatting.
    If anyone can devise a solution, that'd be great.

I will add cleric domains, but later.
    I don't know if there is a need for a wizard by school list though.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Certainly not trying to discourage anyone because we need people to do things like this - but I hope all of the info in this Module is either Open Source, your own work or you have permission to redistribute it.

Because if not you are probably in violation of Copyright, and SW and the Community can not have copyright violations posted on these forums

If in doubt, I suggest you ask.

Having said that - well done!

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

As long as it's OGL content (i.e. anything you can find d20pfsrd), and the module contains the legal boilerplate, it should be ok. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding from previous similar efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    As long as it's OGL content (i.e. anything you can find d20pfsrd), and the module contains the legal boilerplate, it should be ok. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding from previous similar efforts.
    Yeap, that's my understanding as well - I was just trying to ensure that others were aware of things, because mistakes have been made in the past

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    if its in the OGL and you include the License message youre all good.
    Awesome work Farnaby - adding Effects!

Thanks for the info.

I copied and pasted all the spells from the D20pfsrd so I think that they're all legal.
    If any of you find something that is not OGL, let me know and I'll take it out immediately.

Just a note, that sometimes the wording on d20PFSRD is going to be slightly different between the actual PRD and book because John can't use the Community Use Policy and can't reference Paizo's IP because he has a store now.

This is absolutely amazing work!

You're covered for the OGL stuff with the comprehensive OGL you've included.

EDIT: However, as you've used Paizo IP (e.g. deity names) you'll need to include the Community Use Statement as well:

Code:
    <p>This<i>Fantasy Grounds Module</i> uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This<i>Fantasy Grounds Module</i> is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.</p>
    Additionally - do you have any plans on creating an "All Spells" entry? I find this very useful to be able to quickly search for a spell without having to know which class spell list it is on.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 8th, 2015 at 18:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe.

I'll add that statement in v. 1.1
    I can create an All Spells entry, it shouldn't be too much work.
    Do you want it per level or alphabetical?

Thread Information