FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

how to install community ruleset

My FG directory in "Program Files (x86)" does not have any subdirectories. Should I just make the appropriate subdirectories where the pax and extension files say they should go?

Blog Entries
    On the splash page click on the folder icon top right. That's your app data folder. Find the ruleset folder and drop your community ruleset in there. It should be a .pak file.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Ok, got it, now I just need to find a little more documentation on how to use the GCA import tool.

Quote Originally Posted by mekosmowski View Post
    Ok, got it, now I just need to find a little more documentation on how to use the GCA import tool.
    What are you trying to do? Export a character with GCA4, then import it into FG?

I've been having some trouble with that, myself. It used to work beautifully, but lately I can't get it to import without cutting and pasting manually between the XML files. Having to cut and paste from one XML file to another defeats the purpose of having an import tool.

Filters belong in the GCA sheets folder.
    step 1 once the filters are where they belong and you have created a character in CGA. click file/export.
    step 2. on the export window select from the filter drop down the type export you want one is for PCs the other for NPCs.
    check plain text
    check custom file extension and set that to .xml
    (NOTE: DO NOT check GCA xml Output option)
    export the file to where ever.
    step 3 in FG type /importchar or /importnpc find the file and you are done.

Herodain, you have my skype message me and lets see if we can figure out your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by saithan View Post
    Herodain, you have my skype message me and lets see if we can figure out your issue.
    Saithan, do you mind posting the solution here? I've recently noticed some problems with my imports as well. I've got some NPCs that have no problems at all, but then others (made within a day or two of the other) where I get error messages, when I mouse over the ranged weapons. Sometimes, I have no response at all on some skills.

your problem is the syntax

I know that you've gone over this with me before and I am grateful for your patience.

In the first screenshot, the first entry of the medium shield bash attacks works as expected. The second entry for the shield (rush slam) is not dragable. The entries look fairly close to each other to me. What syntax should I be using?

In the second screenshot, I get the error messages when I hover over anything in the ranged attack field on the character sheet.

EDIT: Why does the one sheet read in as "Punch..." whereas the other loads it in as Brawling? Hrm, I don't think the first guy has brawling skill, so it is just using defaults...
    Last edited by seycyrus; June 3rd, 2015 at 03:32.

the shield syntax is bad
    you have to edit till it works

Thread Information