5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Beer Theme

Beer Theme

Playing around with making a custom theme (with Decal included). Features the 4 essentials: Barley, Hops, Water and Yeast. I appreciate any feedback (although it's 50/50 if I'll actually listen!). Works with 3.5, 4 and 5 editions.

Trying to upload extension, but it's telling me it's too big (even though its 8.23M, not 9.54). I'll try uploading to a separate post.

Attachment 10057
    Last edited by jreddin1; May 27th, 2015 at 23:32.

Blog Entries
    That's a fun theme! Some might find the bright yellow background a bit harsh on the eyes over time though. Maybe make it a stout hehe. Reddish tint and darken it.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Hmmm, somebody need to make a dark theme with MT dew, cheetos and a magic missle...

Blog Entries
    And ogre slaying knives?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    jreddin1 change all your frame images to JPG and aim for 60-75% quality and your theme will halve at least in size.
    If your desktop.png file also has a decal on it - drop the decal (so you no longer need it to be PNG with transparency) and use a Decal Extension instead for the decal.
    And drink more Beer!

Damned,

Yeah, I could save as JPG to save a few bytes. I didn't bother with jpg since the Wood theme and Dungeon theme that come with FG use PNG for everything, and quite a few of the images make use of transparency.

Regardless of that, the size shouldn't be an issue since it's still WAY under what the site says I can upload. Obviously, that must be wrong, seeing as it says it's too big anyway.

As for the decal, it is a decal extension -- just included in the theme extension. It can be selected from options just like any other decal. I could make it a separate extension, but that kind of defeats the purpose of including it with the theme.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jreddin1 View Post
    Damned,

Yeah, I could save as JPG to save a few bytes. I didn't bother with jpg since the Wood theme and Dungeon theme that come with FG use PNG for everything, and quite a few of the images make use of transparency.

Regardless of that, the size shouldn't be an issue since it's still WAY under what the site says I can upload. Obviously, that must be wrong, seeing as it says it's too big anyway.

As for the decal, it is a decal extension -- just included in the theme extension. It can be selected from options just like any other decal. I could make it a separate extension, but that kind of defeats the purpose of including it with the theme.
    There may be an (many php websites have a default limit) underlying limit of 8mb - I know that is very common on php websites that is interfering here...
    Cool - if your decal is in there using the new decal options then change those images that dont need transparency to JPG. you wont save a "few bytes" you will save oodles. I have a dozen different themes and all of them are under 2M in size. I use a mix of PNG and JPG but the JPG makes a masive size difference - and it matters when hosting your games - if you have 6 new players join your game you will have to upload 8MB to each of them for your theme (48MB), plus the ruleset, plus the campaign material, plus any shared libraries...

The BEST theme yet!!!!!

Can't wait to get hold of it.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by jreddin1 View Post
    Playing around with making a custom theme (with Decal included). Features the 4 essentials: Barley, Hops, Water and Yeast. I appreciate any feedback (although it's 50/50 if I'll actually listen!). Works with 3.5, 4 and 5 editions.

Trying to upload extension, but it's telling me it's too big (even though its 8.23M, not 9.54). I'll try uploading to a separate post.

Attachment 10057
    So did you ever figure out how to upload it so that people would be able to grab it from you?

Eu bebi esse tema e fiquei bêbado!

Thread Information