Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Thanks missed that this was here, the Reset is Daily, Rest, Once

Thinking
    Daily = Long Rest
    Rest = Short Rest
    Once is well just Once

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moon.

I don't see how this applies the BI die for use on an attack/skill rolls. All this will do is track the uses right? Can you target allies with it setup this way? Is their any IFT statement or anything that can be used so that when someone has a BI effect on them that ehy can add it to an attack roll?

What our group has talked about is to setup some standard, such as when you have BI effect, if the unmodified roll is 8-13 then you will use the die, and if you roll above or below that, you don't use the BI die because you assume you would have hit or missed regardless of the BI. This rule is used because FG tells the effected character if they hit or missed immediately before the user can decide to use it or not.

Others?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I did come across this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ic+inspiration

Sounds like a mix of what's in this thread combined with an effect might be the solution...? Will have to try and play it out and see how it might work best.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, the thing with Bardic Inspiration is that the player can use the d6 at any time over the next minute to enhance a a roll which has already been made; and FG can't therefore track that because it can't see into the players mind

There are indeed two parts to the feature; the first is tracking the bardic inspiration on the player and the second is the dice roll. For the first part you would simply set up a tracking effect with a duration of 10 rounds. This effect would simply be 'bardic inspiration;' and would be dragged onto the player receiving the inspiration at the time the spell is cast.

The second part is simply a dice roll, it can apply to any type of roll and can be made after the normal die roll has been made. There isn't a practical way to automate this so the player would simply roll a d6 into the chat window and then add it to the result. The player (or DM) would then remove the effect to show that the bardic inspiration has been used.

Blog Entries
    Its not full automation by a long shot but this works for attack and damage rolls -

You do your roll as normal and the result hits the chat window.
    I attacked the Hobgoblin Captain with my Sabre - rolled 9 +5 bonuses = 14 and fantasy grounds declares a miss
    I use my Bardic Inspiration and i throw a d6 into the Chat window = 4!

Now drag the 4 from the Chat window onto the Modifier box and then go back to chat and drag the 9+5=14 result back onto the hobgoblin and it will recalculate - its a Hit!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not full automation by a long shot but this works for attack and damage rolls -

You do your roll as normal and the result hits the chat window.
    I attacked the Hobgoblin Captain with my Sabre - rolled 9 +5 bonuses = 14 and fantasy grounds declares a miss
    I use my Bardic Inspiration and i throw a d6 into the Chat window = 4!

Now drag the 4 from the Chat window onto the Modifier box and then go back to chat and drag the 9+5=14 result back onto the hobgoblin and it will recalculate - its a Hit!
    Nice! I did not know that you could do this. You Aussie guys are awesome Well, maybe not at cricket

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Nice! I did not know that you could do this. You Aussie guys are awesome Well, maybe not at cricket
    there is no coming back from 10 for 60....
    sadface

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    there is no coming back from 10 for 60....
    sadface
    You'll get them when they next come to your place

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I've created the power on the bard character and then added the custom effects module.

We might go with the house rule that if you have BI effect on you, and you roll a 8-13 on an attack that then you use the d6 (regardless if FG has already told you hit or miss) and if roll higher or lower you don't use it. but, I'm not too worried about just leaving it's use optional to the character after they already know if it is a hit or miss even though that is more beneficial to the character than how the power is written in the rules.

This helped me out a lot. Thank you very much

Thread Information