5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

More Dice Rolling

I was wondering what the plans for additional modifiers on dice rolling are. In many forms of D&D there is a form of brutal (rerolling 'low' dice - either one time, or until they are no longer low), or minimum rolls of dice (if a 1 is rolled, count it as a 2). Also if there could be a way to multiply entire totals of rolls (Such as the Periapt of Wound Closure, and not just criticals since they only multiply dice).

On that same note, in the D&D 5E, could you add the context menus for Saving Throws? Something that allows a way to add in a magic modifier for a Ring of Protection or the like (Save = Stat Mod + ___). Even better would be a permanent effect field for player characters where you could program this such as 'ADVSAV: dexterity', which would help keep the very nice combat tracker a little cleaner.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Krogania.
    Better dice rolling is required for many games. Pop on over to https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ and vote for those things you deem worthy.
    We probably wont see better dice rolling until Unity to avoid having to do the work twice - but you never know...

Just out of curiosity is there a timeline for the Unity switch?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    No. Big/Huge task and right now the bulk of the effort is still focused on D&D5e. But slowly shifting back to Unity.
    Unofficial Response!

Quote Originally Posted by Krogania View Post
    Just out of curiosity is there a timeline for the Unity switch?

Thanks!
    Warning: Legally required TV Tropes link warning. You productivity loss is not my problem.
    Soon(tm)

Blog Entries
    It is humongous big.

"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Can't believe how low this one is on the vote ranking (and can't believe FG didn't come with lots of dice options implemented).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Can't believe how low this one is on the vote ranking (and can't believe FG didn't come with lots of dice options implemented).
    There's quite a lot you can do natively, but some that might require some community produced code - what are you looking to do?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    The reason it doesn't have many votes is that you can actually do a lot natively, and some extra features that might require some community produced code - what are you looking to do?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Refering to the OP, is there anything I can download/code into my game that would allow those brutal damage type rolls?

Thread Information