5E Character Create Playlist

Image sequence or video shared to players ?

Hi all,

As I am setting up a new campaign I wanted to see if I could do an image sequence, slide show or video for my players. I am using this as a way of giving them a shared vision, being new to FG is this possible ?

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    no. no video or animated graphic support.
    you can post a hyperlink in chat window... thats your best bet.

An Image sequence would be the best way since FG is designed to share Images. Just keep the image file size small. Because most broadband has 2/3rds to 75% of the bandwidth dedicated to "down" bandwidth, most GMs only have 1/3 to 1/4 of their broadband dedicated to sending information to players and that is divided between each player. Naturally, Murphy's Law says that your group will have a player on a crappy wireless connection, at extreme range, with a 15 inch laptop who the takes 2x more bandwidth than the other players from the server - since he loses so many packets.

Use jpegs of 256 colors and find out if you really do have someone on a small monitor.

What information about FG where you thinking about presenting?

Thanks gentlemen, I'll most likely go with the link thats easy enough! As I am starting a new campaign with the guys, I am having them each have a vision that they share which is a foreshadow of things to come and will hopefully guide them to each other and lead them to make certain choices during the campaign. I like dropping lots of easter eggs and red herrings at them as they are all old school players from 2nd edition and this is our first game together again in like 10-12 years! All thanks to FG!

Thread Information