STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Exporting??

Exporting??

Is it possible to export a character sheet to a word doc or an html file once it is created with FG?

I obviously don't know the answer to this (not a developer), but I would assume that this is information all stored in XML and with some XSL styling, you could probably generate any HTML you wanted.

Whether that is a native function is a question for the developers.

Its kind of an interesting idea for export though...allow you to point to your own XSL or have a number of pre-created XSL templates that will allow you to generate various HTML representations of the data.

That's right, the characters are stored in XML.

Here's a small snippet:
    Code:
    <node name="Dupre">
           <stringvalue name="race" value="Half-elf" />
           <intvalue name="strength" value="13" />
           <intvalue name="dexterity" value="11" />
           <intvalue name="wisdom" value="10" />
    Edit: Oh and we don't support exporting characters to any other format, but since it is in XML, there are plenty of tools to view and modify the content.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupre
    That's right, the characters are stored in XML.

Here's a small snippet:
    Code:
    <node name="Dupre">
           <stringvalue name="race" value="Half-elf" />
           <intvalue name="strength" value="13" />
           <intvalue name="dexterity" value="11" />
           <intvalue name="wisdom" value="10" />
    Edit: Oh and we don't support exporting characters to any other format, but since it is in XML, there are plenty of tools to view and modify the content.
    Gotcha - any plans to do this in the future???

No plans at the moment, but since it is a fairly simple task to convert it to a nice HTML character sheet, I'm sure there will be a tool for it sooner or later.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupre
    No plans at the moment, but since it is a fairly simple task to convert it to a nice HTML character sheet, I'm sure there will be a tool for it sooner or later.
    Ok...

For what it's worth, my play group and I are creating our characters with the E-tools software from codemonkeypublishing.com (in fact it was their user forums that directed me here).

The E-tools software is full-functional character generating software that does all the math, lists all the skills, and lets you export your character to HTML (via XML style sheets, so you can tweak/edit/change the layout as you like).

I don't think there's a demo version - but a mock-up of one of my groups characters can be found here.

We're just making them in the E-tools and then manually re-entering what we "need to know" into the FG software.

Next up - finding good mapping software that exports in JPG or GIF.

Try this for maps...

https://www.dundjinni.com
    Alasomorph.
    The Circle of Four.

Half a world away: Enderrin

Quote Originally Posted by WolfStar76
    For what it's worth, my play group and I are creating our characters with the E-tools software from codemonkeypublishing.com (in fact it was their user forums that directed me here).

The E-tools software is full-functional character generating software that does all the math, lists all the skills, and lets you export your character to HTML (via XML style sheets, so you can tweak/edit/change the layout as you like).

I don't think there's a demo version - but a mock-up of one of my groups characters can be found here.

We're just making them in the E-tools and then manually re-entering what we "need to know" into the FG software.

Next up - finding good mapping software that exports in JPG or GIF.
    Yea, but then I have to buy two tools, and I would rather just have one.

I'll be incorporating Character (and Monster) XML dumps from my AD&D C.A.P. System - but they'll be for 1st Edition.

Thread Information