5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Zooming is not supported (yet?). However, you are free to scale the maps any way you wish when scanning or using a mapping program. The grid is placed on the image by dragging a suitable sized grid square with the mouse, so it's completely up to you what the grid scale is.

A hex grid might make it in one day, but it isn't in yet.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

On the subject of maps, I'd like to see the mask removal tool evolve a little. For example, it might be nice to have a true ploygon implementation where you click on various points, then right click on the final point to close the polygon. Also, would it be possible to allow the user to select the shape to unmask instead of doing it freehand? At least a rectangle and ellipse selection would be great for the next version.

Morgan
    Justice, not law. Deeds, not words.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan
    On the subject of maps, I'd like to see the mask removal tool evolve a little. For example, it might be nice to have a true ploygon implementation where you click on various points, then right click on the final point to close the polygon. Also, would it be possible to allow the user to select the shape to unmask instead of doing it freehand? At least a rectangle and ellipse selection would be great for the next version.

Morgan
    I find the current method awkward and can imagine inadvertently revealing more than I wanted to, especially if I only want to reveal a very small part. I agree, a resizable rectangle or elipse (as used to crop images in picture editing software) would be much more useful.

Gaming = Hexgrid

I was about to open a new topic whining about the lack of a hexgrid overlay when I saw the post on this thread.

Some of the coolest features in the app, IMO, are the grid, tokens, and range-pointers. I can see using FG to play all sorts of miniatures and board games online with these simple tools... Mordheim, Mage-Knight, Frag, maybe even Memoir '44.

But we really need a hex-map! Some of those overlapping squares would be great, too.

BTW, awesome program! Someone is finally doing online rpg's right.

But we really need a hex-map! Some of those overlapping squares would be great, too.
    It's in the works. :wink:
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Thread Information