5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Hello fellow friends

Hello fellow friends,

I am new to FG and wanted to ask for some help, I am looking to join a group of 5e D&D and wanted to know what books I need besides the player's handbook that you would recommend. Thank you for your time and ideas.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

If you are looking to join as a player, the PHB is the only book you need. A few of the others have some players options you might be interested in, BUT, it's possible your DM won't allow them so I would wait. Plus if you are just getting started, it's better to start with the core options rather than get into lots of complexity.

If you are going to be DMing, then their is a post you can search for titles something like "What you Need to Play 5E" that provides more insight on the various books etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome!

If you are looking to join as a player, the PHB is the only book you need. A few of the others have some players options you might be interested in, BUT, it's possible your DM won't allow them so I would wait. Plus if you are just getting started, it's better to start with the core options rather than get into lots of complexity.

If you are going to be DMing, then their is a post you can search for titles something like "What you Need to Play 5E" that provides more insight on the various books etc.
    Hello LordEntrails,

Only looking to be a player so no DMing for me. Thank you for the info, I'll look into more of the aesthetics then of dice colors and portraits

Blog Entries
    Sounds good
    Also check out FG College, a great group of folks that run a Discord server () and free classes on using FG and RPGs. https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

And of course, we are always here to help

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums Berekona! And welcome to VTT (Virtual Table Top) Gaming on Fantasy Grounds! FG College is a great start for a new player as LordEntrails has said. They have many different classes to get you up and running on the software in no time. Good Luck & Happy Gaming!!
    Last edited by Skillkoil; September 18th, 2018 at 21:54.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm no stranger to gaming been doing it since 1987 and FG software is awesome just need to get a hang of it, it's pretty straight forward now to find a group is the next step.

Blog Entries
    Well we are glad to have you with us Berekona. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask! Happy Gaming!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thread Information