DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

lifting tokens from a PC game

I have just found this indie turn based crpg called Low Magic Age which is based on the d20SRD. Its cheap (three quid) and the game FAQ on steam says you can do what you want with the art for person use so I made a tokens module
    Attachment 19298

The tokens are is by Stormbolt. The gane is still in early access on steam as is a bargain and you get tokens and portraits in the same style as the tokens and portraits that come bundled with fantasy grounds. you can find the game here https://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/

Thanks for the heads up hawkwind. Very nice graphics by community member Shockbolt.

For those interested. The game contains (in the gfx installation directory), quite a few graphics, the mains ones of interest are:
    1) 100 PC faces 72x72 JPG format. Perfect for putting in your portraits folder and using for PC portraits.
    2) 119 monster tokens (side view), 96x96 PNG format.
    3) 170 character tokens (side view), 96x96 PNG format.

For $3.99 (USD), if you like the style it's well worth getting. The files can simply be copied out of the installation gfx directory and used as is. Although I would recommend making the tokens into modules (as hawkwind did), not just putting in your main token directory - allowing you to activate them as needed and not loading them every time.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 9th, 2017 at 20:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And here's an example of the portraits and tokens loaded in Fantasy Grounds:

Last edited by Trenloe; June 9th, 2017 at 20:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's an awful lot of art for a low price, I wonder if the artists are all paid or if the images are ripped from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I wonder if the artists are all paid or if the images are ripped from elsewhere.
    The Steam page says:
    About graphics similarity with another game ToME4:
    We purchased and used a tileset of monsters/items from the Norwegian artist Raymond E. Gaustadnes (Shockbolt). He made another tileset for ToME4. So, both tilesets share the similar style and a few same tiles.

ooh, nice. I like young Raymond's work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

The game it self is pretty addictive, it is currently just a series of random combats combined with levelling your PC's and the battles play super quick for a d20 game. When the game get's finished it promises to very good and in it's current state its worth it for the art,

Apologies to the artist Raymond for getting his name wrong in my initial post

also here is the other game https://te4.org/ mentioned in Trenloes post with even more free art hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up hawkwind. Very nice graphics by community member Shockbolt.

For those interested. The game contains (in the gfx installation directory), quite a few graphics...
    Who has two thumbs and is a moron? <jerks fists, thumbs extended, towards his chest> Please tell me where steam installs this stuff on a Win 10 machine? I bought it, dloaded and installed it, and now I can't find it lol!

Wow, fantastic stuff, instabuy! I downloaded the other game, as well but could not find any art inside the folders.

Thread Information