DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Translation to Portuguese and Official Support for a Foreign Campaign Set

Hi, guys!

Is it possible to translate Fantasy Grounds via extension? I'm not a programmer myself, but I really want to know. FG is a hell of a tool and it would be great if we could spread it here in Brasil.

Also, I'm one of the authors of Tormenta, a D20 OGL based campaign set, published uninterrupted since 1999. I wish we could convert our material for Fantasy Ground in some way or form, but I don't know how to proceed or who to talk about it inside Smiteworks. Is there any chance for something like that?

Cheers and thanks!

(Sorry about my english).

Blog Entries
    look at the <textres> fields in the XML.

For example to translate the CoreRPG ruleset (which should be the base of all d20 based rulesets, so maybe also for a new ruleset "Tormenta"), you just need to translate the values between the "<string>" tags in the XML Files in the directory "strings" of that ruleset. The rulesets files can be found in the "rulesets" directory of the "Application Data" for Fantasy Grounds.

The file CoreRPG.pak in that directory is just a zip file, so you can unzip it in the rulesets folder in a sub directory eg. "CoreRPG" and do the "translations" of the "textresources" defined in the strings folder there.

You can also do that within an extension, so you do not need to "touch" the CoreRPG files.

The localization feature of FG at the moment is just a very draft functionality (use of textresources) so not everything works perfekt with that (e.g. parsing of text content to automize some ruleset rules is not supported, or the texts within the icons or tabulators are not replaceable by textresources because they are bitmaps, some output into the chat window also still not made use of the textresource functionality).

Thread Information