STAR TREK 2d20

Song of Ice and Fire Character Sheet

I have been trying to put together a SIFRPG character sheet for more core and wanted to make use of the Formula box. The basic mechanic is that you have some base dice (say in the Fighting Attribute) that you roll to attempt an action. If you have Bonus Dice (say in Swords) they are rolled as well, but you only total a number of dice equal to the Base Dice number. So a character with Fightinf 4 and Swords 2 would roll 6D6 to try and hit someone and total the best four dice.

So far in the forumla I have :

/rolld (p3)d6x(p2)-(a)-(b)

The /rolld drops the lowest dice

(p1) Base Dice
    (p2) Bonus Dice
    (p3) Total Dice

(a) Armour penalty (in combat stats box)
    (b) Injuries (in combat stats box)

This should roll a number of dice equal to the total dice, drop a number of the lowest dice equal to the bonus dice value and then deduct 1 per armour penalty and 1 per injury.

The /rolld works a treat, but for some reason the -(a)-(b) bit does not. It would be a bit of a pain to apply the modifier every time, so I was wondering if anyone else can replicate this and if so what the reason for it not working might be?

If I can get that working, i can put together a functional and useable character sheet I think.

Blog Entries
    Rolls expect a very specific format for the dice string.
    Adding in some math on to the roll just messes the script - the script has to be programmed to know what to do with the data you give it.
    You would be best creating a new roll and the new roll should probably aim for syntax like:

/sif (p1)d1006a(p2)d2006x(a)y(b)

you would start with the /orderresult script as your base
    this should be quite doable

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Rolls expect a very specific format for the dice string.
    Adding in some math on to the roll just messes the script - the script has to be programmed to know what to do with the data you give it.
    You would be best creating a new roll and the new roll should probably aim for syntax like:

/sif (p1)d1006a(p2)d2006x(a)y(b)

you would start with the /orderresult script as your base
    this should be quite doable
    Thanks for that, and I will give it a try...

Thread Information