STAR TREK 2d20
Page 87 of 89 First ... 37778586878889 Last
    I am trying to set the "Token: Auto Scale To Grid" option in this rule set but can't seem to find the menu for Campaign Options.

I've loaded other rules sets and been able to find the menu, just not in this one. Probably missing something obvious. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gmahoney View Post
    I am trying to set the "Token: Auto Scale To Grid" option in this rule set but can't seem to find the menu for Campaign Options.

I've loaded other rules sets and been able to find the menu, just not in this one. Probably missing something obvious. Thanks!
    Welcome to the FG forums.

See this post for some info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post341671
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When I try to load an encounter in the initiative tracker, I get this error.

Capture.JPG

Most recently, received this string of errors after a restart of the application.

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (collector)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (collectordesk)
    Runtime Notice: s'Registring tvsize slash handler'
    Runtime Notice: s'dieboxviewlistmanager.lua: onInit()'
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshactorlist'
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshactorlist'
    Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
    Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (tool_layers_30)
    Runtime Notice: s'handleRefreshInitSlotList - starting'
    Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:216: attempt to index local 'classnode' (a nil value)
    Runtime Notice: s'initiativetracker.luanInit.'
    Runtime Notice: s'initslotlist.luanDrop.'
    Runtime Notice: s'Record class = npc'
    Runtime Notice: s'Running getActorNPCName, name = Alliance Fleet Officer (CR90)'
    Runtime Notice: s'Processing actor id-00012'
    Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:495: attempt to index a nil value

Anyone encounter this? I'm using the SWFFG campaign ruleset from Trenloe. I get it on older, mostly empty versions of the campaign and on brand new campaigns. I've reloaded the latest versions of all the extensions, modules, and rulesets. Reinstalled Fantasy Grounds. This is torpedoing our current campaign.

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by BuWeiLong View Post
    When I try to load an encounter in the initiative tracker, I get this error.

Capture.JPG
    99% of script errors in any ruleset are caused by running incompatible or out-of-date extensions. Make sure any extension you're running is compatible with this ruleset - most aren't.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 22nd, 2020 at 10:43.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First, thank you for responding. I know you do this in your free time, and I can't express how much being able to play games with friends around the world has meant to me and my group. Especially right now. I'm also almost completely ignorant of coding, so I'll be throwing a lot of information here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    99% of script errors in any ruleset are caused by running incompatible or out-of-date extensions. Make sure any extension you're running is compatible with this ruleset - most aren't.
    These are all the extensions I have. I downloaded the Star Wars extensions in November of last year. Are there newer versions? I haven't been able to find any.

All Extensions.JPG

I load the campaign with no extensions turned on, I open the combat tracker and I thet the error.

Script Error: [string "managers/initiativemanager.lua"]:216: attempt to index local 'classnode' (a nil value)

I loaded a PFRPG campaign with the available SWRPG extensions turned on, received this error at startup:
    Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (initiativetracker) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (initiativetracker-red.xml)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Extension: Star Wars EotE Diebox Replacer) (classes/desktop/diebox.lua)
    Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (tool_layers_30)

I create a new game with no extensions added. No errors.

NewLoader.JPG

So, I guess the other question I have would be, is there a way to rescue all the work I put into that other campaign file?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BuWeiLong; September 23rd, 2020 at 11:38.

Extensions are only active when they are specifically enabled for a campaign. Just having an extension in the extensions directory doesn't do anything if it's not activated.

For your campaign, with no extensions enabled, remove all actors from the combat tracker and then restart the campaign. Then add actors back in to the combat tracker one-by-one.

And, only run this ruleset in FG Classic, not Unity.

I only have FG Classic.

Capture.JPG

No extensions.

Capture.JPG

Already removed all actors from combat tracker. Was empty at startup.

Shot up this error the minute I opened the tracker. I told it to delte all NPCs from tracker, even though there are none, closed out, reopened, and it did it again. I guess that means it's dead.

I created a new campaign, with all extensions enabled, no error.

I copied the assets over one by one, and didn't hit an error until I copied over the database XML file.

Quote Originally Posted by BuWeiLong View Post
    ...and didn't hit an error until I copied over the database XML file.
    Yep, that’s where 99% for the data is.

Attach the db.xml file here and I’ll see if I can manually fix it.

Hi everyone.
    Many of you may know I am developing a ruleset for Genesys.
    I am 99% done, it is fully functional missing only a few features until I can call it version 1.0

But today I want to announce the release of a new Star Wars ruleset
    It makes use of all the improvements I have created in Genesys, and most important, uses all modern FG features AND is compatible with both Classic and Unity!

This first release is not adding a lot of specific features from Star Wars, but it will allow players and GMs to finally play Star Wars in Unity

For now I did not create a specific thread for announcements/feedback, but you can read the details, and also download it, here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post548311

For now please use that thread to provide feedback, and I hope people find this useful.
    P.S.: since this is a drastically different code and database, it will not be possible to import existing campaigns or characters from the "v2" ruleset. I apologize

Thread Information