DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 89 First ... 6789101858 ... Last
    I believe I've found another bug, this time it's some issue between the EotE example library and the character sheet.

I'm getting the following script error when my players attempt to drag an item from the library to their character sheet inventory:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:984: attempt to index a nil value
    I can drag it to their inventory without an error. I can also drag items to my own character sheets without error.

It appears to have something to do with this section...
    Code:
    		-- If either the personal weapon or vehicle weapon flag isn't 1 then set it to 0 - needed when not present for correct weapon processing
    		if itemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			itemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end
    		if itemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			itemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end
    I removed the listed section and the error no longer occurred. I'm doing this right before a game so I don't have time to dig deeper, but will check later if you haven't already addressed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miekael View Post
    Trenloe, this ruleset is awesome. My friends and I appreciate all the effort you have put into this. As I contribution I have put together a library containing nearly every starship and vehicle. Feel free to add this to any library build you might be working on. Thanks again for your work, wonderful job!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nsq2u7kmx...icles.mod?dl=0
    Sorry I haven't got round to looking at this until now. Fantastic work - thanks very much Miekael.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    As far as I am concerned, this ruleset needs three things:
    Only three things? Cool, I can take a break!

The ability to lock text fields.
    Can you expand on this please?

Restore images to original size
    I'll look into this.

And the ability to have decals in the center. Reason: making star wars like movie introtext on the middle of the screen to introduce games!
    This won't come until the ruleset is migrated to CoreRPG. Don't expect that this year. You can still do the old way (before decals recently became a feature) and modify the desktop.png file via an extension - pretty quick once you get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 9th, 2015 at 05:05.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by OTG_Wraith View Post
    I believe I've found another bug, this time it's some issue between the EotE example library and the character sheet.

I'm getting the following script error when my players attempt to drag an item from the library to their character sheet inventory:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:984: attempt to index a nil value
    I can drag it to their inventory without an error. I can also drag items to my own character sheets without error.

It appears to have something to do with this section...
    Code:
    		-- If either the personal weapon or vehicle weapon flag isn't 1 then set it to 0 - needed when not present for correct weapon processing
    		if itemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			itemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end
    		if itemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			itemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end
    I removed the listed section and the error no longer occurred. I'm doing this right before a game so I don't have time to dig deeper, but will check later if you haven't already addressed the issue.
    Thanks for reporting. It's the good old issue of players not being able to update base database nodes. I have a fix, and will release when I do the next release with Lobosolo's amazing graphics update.

In the meantime, the fix is as follows: move the problem code a few lines down and change the itemnode reference to newitemnode:

Code:
    function addItem(characternode, itemnode)
    	if User.isHost() or User.isLocal() or User.isOwnedIdentity(getIdentityName(characternode)) then	

-- Handle trying to add a non vehicle weapon/item to a vehicle - reject the drop.
    		-- Not currently available to players
    		if characternode.getParent().getName() == "vehicle" and itemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			-- print a message
    			local msg = {};
    			msg.font = "msgfont";										
    			msg.text = "Cannot add the non-vehicle weapon: " .. itemnode.getChild("name").getValue() .. " to the vehicle: " .. getNpcName(characternode);
    			ChatManager.deliverMessage(msg);

return true;
    		end

-- get the new item
    		local newitemnode = characternode.createChild("inventory").createChild();

-- copy the item
    		DatabaseManager.copyNode(itemnode, newitemnode);

if newitemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			newitemnode.createChild("isstarshipweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end
    		if newitemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").getValue() ~= 1 then
    			newitemnode.createChild("isweapon", "number").setValue(0);
    		end			

-- print a message
    		local msg = {};
    		msg.font = "msgfont";										
    		msg.text = getCharacterName(characternode) .. " has gained the item: " .. itemnode.getChild("name").getValue();
    		ChatManager.deliverMessage(msg);

-- and return
    		return true;

end
    end

What I meant by locking text fields is that little "lock" you have in CoreRPG, so you can't edit text unless you unlock it. Dunno how else to explain it. Just makes it easier to move notes around, when you've locked them during play.

Vires Animi

What I meant by locking text fields is that little "lock" you have in CoreRPG, so you can't edit text unless you unlock it.
    That's cool - just wanted confirmation of what you were looking for. I've added a request post at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks Trenloe, fix works perfectly. Looking forward to the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry I haven't got round to looking at this until now. Fantastic work - thanks very much Miekael.
    You're welcome, I have made some updates to it since I last posted, mainly updated all the weapon entries and added in dice symbols to the weapon quality descriptions. Currently I am working on vehicle attachments, one thing I noticed is there is no spot to place attachments on the standard vehicle entry sheet (the party vehicle sheet on the other hand has places for notes), so for time being I just use a generic item labeled "modified hardpoints" to give to the ship to keep track of. This helps when the players all have their own ships and are not sharing a single one. After F&D makes its release I hope to finalize it (until new books that is). Once I do, I will post it back up here. I am also working on an updated equipment library that is going hand to hand with an NPC library for GMs to put together quick/random encounters. These are a bit on the back burner until F&D is released and the game stats are finalized from that book. You are more then welcome to incorporate anything I complete into your main library build(s).

I'll have to put vehicle attachments in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Miekael View Post
    I am also working on an updated equipment library that is going hand to hand with an NPC library for GMs to put together quick/random encounters. These are a bit on the back burner until F&D is released and the game stats are finalized from that book. You are more then welcome to incorporate anything I complete into your main library build(s).
    I'm still in the process of using the OggDude data files to auto generate libraries, so I wouldn't spend too much time on the libraries if I were you - unless you want them quickly and/or enjoy doing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll have to put vehicle attachments in there somewhere.

I'm still in the process of using the OggDude data files to auto generate libraries, so I wouldn't spend too much time on the libraries if I were you - unless you want them quickly and/or enjoy doing them!
    OggDude's character program rocks I use that all the time. I don't mind making libraries, since I GM, I find myself making a lot of the entries setting up campaigns, so exporting them with a little copy/paste work doesn't take much effort. I also really like the narrative game play of the Star Wars RPG, when my players generate that triple threat on an astrogation roll, I find having a list of premade baddies/ships really gets the gears turning as to what I could do. And if my efforts also help build up this ruleset you put together then I call that a bonus.

Today I thought of putting together a library with tables on how to spend threat/advantage, not sure if that is something you are working on, but you would be more then welcome to it when I finish.

Thread Information