STAR TREK 2d20
Page 77 of 89 First ... 2767757677787987 ... Last
    The Unity playtest forum is to report any problems at all with running in Unity. If it works in FG classic and it doesn't in Unity then please report it in Unity playtest forums. Thanks.

Like I've said many times - this is a community ruleset and it'll need the community to get involved with testing and reporting issues. I no longer play Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, so any time I spend working on this ruleset is time taken away from FG projects for games that I do play. I'll help out and fix issues, give guidance, etc. but I don't like being taken for granted (which is they way I'm beginning to feel now). So I need the people who want this ruleset to continue with Unity to step up and do some of the testing and reporting of issues. For Unity issues, please report in the Unity sub forum, or for FG Classic issues please report them in this thread.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 21st, 2019 at 18:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The Unity playtest forum is to report any problems at all with running in Unity. If it works in FG classic and it doesn't in Unity then please report it in Unity playtest forums. Thanks.

Like I've said many times - this is a community ruleset and it'll need the community to get involved with testing and reporting issues. I no longer play Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, so any time I spend working on this ruleset is time taken away from FG projects for games that I do play. I'll help out and fix issues, give guidance, etc. but I don't like being taken for granted (which is they way I'm beginning to feel now). So I need the people who want this ruleset to continue with Unity to step up and do some of the testing and reporting of issues. For Unity issues, please report in the Unity sub forum, or for FG Classic issues please report them in this thread.
    I can see you are frustrated at people asking about this ruleset and unity, me being one of them, but I want to clear somethings up.
    1st I don't think anyone is taking you for granted. People are just hopeful for it to work on unity. You made something people enjoy.
    2nd I wasn't sure if it was a Unity issue or a ruleset issue. I was wrong to assume it was a ruleset thing. Now I know that it changes things.
    3rd I stopped asking about long ago about it being updated to Core RPG. I am under no delusion that it will happen, but I thought getting the ruleset to work with Unity was in the "fix issues" area. Now that I know differently I won't ask about it further.

I am sorry if my post came off as demanding, I just really love what you have done so far with it.
    Last edited by sevrick; December 22nd, 2019 at 04:42.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    but I thought getting the ruleset to work with Unity was in the "fix issues" area. Now that I know differently I won't ask about it further.
    I never said I wouldn’t help get the ruleset to run in Unity. In fact, in the very post you quote I say “I'll help out and fix issues, give guidance, etc. ... So I need the people who want this ruleset to continue with Unity to step up and do some of the testing and reporting of issues. For Unity issues, please report in the Unity sub forum...”
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have created a thread in the Unity sub forum. For anyone who has attempted to play in UNITY, please use that forum for problems. Also feel free to add any details I might have missed. The thread is located at:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tar+wars+unity

I have just watched all the videos and tested the ruleset. I can only say: Amazing!

Thank you very much!

It sad really. I think the Star Wars / Genesys rulesystem is really one of the very best to have been made in a long long time. It is one of the few systems, where I actually like to do combat in. The advantage / threat system, gives it a layer, that is more than numbers and successes, unlike other games, where combat seems a bit boring (cough D&D cough). The standalone Genesys could have been great, but the book is unfortunately very lacking in any substance or soul, unlike the star wars books.

Whomever picks up the star wars rpg licence - which will undoubtedly happen - should really keep the genesys system, if you ask me. But the realist in me, fears that the opportunity to make something new and therefore more money is too good to pass up.

No matter what, I think I will stick with this game for many years to come.

Vires Animi

One good alternative would be Modiphius 2d20 as they both share designer Jay Little... Material would be very compatible. Lets hope it doesn't go back to d20 please. We have material to play for years to come... So much good material already out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Whomever picks up the star wars rpg licence - which will undoubtedly happen - should really keep the genesys system, if you ask me. But the realist in me, fears that the opportunity to make something new and therefore more money is too good to pass up.
    That will depend on someone being able to negotiate with a huge company and their legal team. Not so easy for small RPG publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Not to come off as selfish, but what will this mean for us gamers? Will the rule system continue on FG or will everything get shut down or locked out???

Thread Information