DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 89 First ... 567891757 ... Last
    I was thinking about modifying the graphics of the ruleset myself.. I think that's been my biggest turn-off to GMing a Star Wars FFG game... the buttons are just too damn confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
    I was thinking about modifying the graphics of the ruleset myself.. I think that's been my biggest turn-off to GMing a Star Wars FFG game... the buttons are just too damn confusing.
    Can you expand on that please? This is the first feedback I've heard that confusing buttons are turning people off from using the ruleset. It looks bland, yes - and that will be addressed with the graphical update. But what buttons do you find too damn confusing? Perhaps we can do something about that...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Jason,

The graphics for V2 of the ruleset are all completed and submitted to Trenloe. He is making a few modifications and then will be publishing it to the community. Here are some pictures of the original work I did. The V2 will be slightly different than this. I wanted to get the graphics for V2 done faster, but I had to move across the country and it was difficult to find the free time.

Attachment 10437Attachment 10438Attachment 10439Attachment 10440Attachment 10441

It makes things a lot easier to follow within the ruleset. And it is much more thematic.

In all honesty though...Tren has the much harder task of putting all the logic of the ruleset together. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Regards,
    Lobosolo

One more picture of the right side of the ruleset.

Attachment 10442

Regards,
    Lobosolo

I would say my biggest issue is the main buttons on the right - which looks to have been addressed in Lobosolo's update. I'd always have to open up every tab just to find the right one, and it was just a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
    I would say my biggest issue is the main buttons on the right - which looks to have been addressed in Lobosolo's update. I'd always have to open up every tab just to find the right one, and it was just a headache.
    Fair point. Thanks for the feedback.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool looking stuff on the way I must say.
    Incidently I've been working on reskinning this myself. Actually I reskin every ruleset I GM in - its a hobby of mine. Hi hi.

I had one question about the ruleset though. I've been looking at a video of it in use, and the I see the Light side / dark side tokens being used. But I can't seem to make them work. Care to give a quick explanation as to how to make them appear?

Anyhooo... I thought I would share my mad creation here. Keep up the good work!

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Cool looking stuff on the way I must say.
    Incidently I've been working on reskinning this myself. Actually I reskin every ruleset I GM in - its a hobby of mine. Hi hi.

I had one question about the ruleset though. I've been looking at a video of it in use, and the I see the Light side / dark side tokens being used. But I can't seem to make them work. Care to give a quick explanation as to how to make them appear?

Anyhooo... I thought I would share my mad creation here. Keep up the good work!

Vires Animi
    The GM double clicks each side and they begin to appear.

Nice! I haven't done any work on the background yet. I was busy trying to get all the individual windows to hang correctly with the new artwork. Making new chits, icons, category icons, etc. I am looking forward to seeing what others in the community can do with the background. I would love to see a ****pit designed that incorporates the existing layout.

Lobosolo

As far as I am concerned, this ruleset needs three things:

The ability to lock text fields.
    Restore images to original size
    And the ability to have decals in the center. Reason: making star wars like movie introtext on the middle of the screen to introduce games!

Just a few credits worth of thought.

Vires Animi

EDIT: Thanks Jason... that was not at all easy. Not feeling stupid here at all. Nu huh.... *Grins*
    Last edited by viresanimi; July 8th, 2015 at 23:31.

Thread Information