STAR TREK 2d20
Page 67 of 89 First ... 1757656667686977 ... Last

You don't. At least not as in other rulesets.

What I do when I write down my stories, is to include links to the enemies my players will be facing, in the story text. So each is easy to drag and drop into the combat tracker. And since positioning on a map isn't a thing in the Genesys system, it really isn't that much of a deal. This is very much theater of the mind.

Hope that helps

Vires Animi

Hi is there a new version of this ruleset Trenloe? If so when was the new version released? I haven't downloaded it in a while. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Archlyte View Post
    Hi is there a new version of this ruleset Trenloe? If so when was the new version released?
    Details in the "Versions" section in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just an idle curiosity given how many months away this is, will the ruleset survive FGU without being rewritten with Core? I've never been too clear when "old stuff will work with FGU" is said whether they mean "literally all old stuff works" or "old stuff based on Core will work".

There is no way to make FGU 100% backward compatible with all possible rulesets/extensions out in the wild, without removing all improvements as well. So, we are aiming to focus on making sure all data works; and plan to have all rulesets/extensions continue to work as is.

The exception to that is that we are making large changes to the image value and image control APIs, so if a ruleset/extension does a lot of customization of the image control, it will most likely need to have some new code to handle the differences between FGC/FGU like what is being written for CoreRPG. Also, there are some changes to the dice value and dice control APIs as well, but should have less impact. In general, we are adding in fallback logic to attempt to allow older ruleset code to mostly keep working, but it depends on complexity of the ruleset/extension.

Given the time frame of the original ruleset code that Trenloe based the EotE ruleset on, I'm going to guess that the ruleset should just continue to work. Though, there might be a few hiccups with backward compatibility that we'll be looking to iron out as we go, either during or after beta.

Regards,
    JPG

That's what the beta testing's for!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know this is going to have a stupid simple answer, but how do I add images? Like maps and images? I know I can add pictures to the portraits folder outside of FG, and I can drag and drop stuff for tokens, but no clue how to add maps/images.

Look under "campaigns" folder outside the game. Find the right one for your Star Wars game. Within it, there will be a folder for your pictures called "images"... or something to that effect.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Look under "campaigns" folder outside the game. Find the right one for your Star Wars game. Within it, there will be a folder for your pictures called "images"... or something to that effect.

Vires Animi
    I wouldn't have thought of that. TY so much my friend! It makes sense if I had stopped to realize that the campaigns are stored on my computer and not on the internet like roll20.

Yep, it's more secure and you OWN your data, the problem is that if you screw up the campaign info, or it gets corrupted that means it's gone. You need to get a backup strategy in place and stick to it.

Thread Information