FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 65 of 89 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by fmmm1000 View Post
    I don't have any physical versions. I found a site that hosts pdf versions of them. Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny. Really wish I could buy my own digital copies, but I can't find any for sale. I probably should just buy the physical versions.
    Here's a legal PDF that might help you get into the basics of the system: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgame..._sun_lores.pdf

Otherwise there aren't any legal PDFs of the main rules - as FFG don't have a license for those.

I'd recommend you spend some time learning the mechanics of the system - such as combat spends (which is what two of the screenshots you posted refer to).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, how do you target anything during combat? Normally we use maps during combat encounters in Pathfinder, but without knowing how to target in EotE, how do we know if anything gets hit?
    There's no targeting as such, because there's no AC (or similar target number) to try to hit. Difficulty to hit is determined by how many difficulty dice are rolled and it's all about how many net successes in the result.

If you roll the attack from the PC/NPC combat tab, you can then drag/drop the result (if there are any net successes) to an actor on the combat tab and damage will be applied.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for answering both questions so quickly! But what's the third thing I screenshot?

Thanks for answering both questions so quickly! But what's the third thing I screenshot?
    Check environmental effects in the rulebook. Otherwise ask the author of the module you're looking at.

Is there any way to edit the map units into meters, or the different ranges instead of feet?

Is there any way to edit the map units into meters, or the different ranges instead of feet?
    That could be done by writing an extension to override the code in the baseimagecontrol, which is in classes/common/baseimagecontrol.lua

EDIT: To use distance measurement you need a grid on the map. FFG Star Wars doesn't use discrete distances, it uses an abstract measurement system. I don't think I've ever used a grid in any of my SW games. This is mentioned in the quickstart Black Sun PDF: "Rather than have a player’s attention focused on a grid, counting squares, Edge of the Empire uses more abstract means to represent position, distance, and range, thus allowing the players to focus on the action and adventure." If I feel the need to indicate ranges, I put a letter token on the map in between points of interest - S = Short, M = Medium, L = Long, E = Extreme.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 12th, 2019 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That could be done by writing an extension to override the code in the baseimagecontrol, which is in classes/common/baseimagecontrol.lua

EDIT: To use distance measurement you need a grid on the map. FFG Star Wars doesn't use discrete distances, it uses an abstract measurement system. I don't think I've ever used a grid in any of my SW games. This is mentioned in the quickstart Black Sun PDF: "Rather than have a player’s attention focused on a grid, counting squares, Edge of the Empire uses more abstract means to represent position, distance, and range, thus allowing the players to focus on the action and adventure." If I feel the need to indicate ranges, I put a letter token on the map in between points of interest - S = Short, M = Medium, L = Long, E = Extreme.
    I'm using the grid mostly to keep track of how big the NPC tokens need to be compared to the players. All of the tokens I upload for them keep showing up as gigantic on the map no matter what NPC sheet they're attached to, so I have to resize them manuelly. But I thought I'd ask about distances anyway. Thanks.

Wait, you've never used a grid on yours? How do you make the NPC token show up as the right size on the map?

Wait, you've never used a grid on yours? How do you make the NPC token show up as the right size on the map?
    See the third paragraph in "Scaling" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Tokens#Scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the third paragraph in "Scaling" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Tokens#Scaling
    Oh, I already knew about that. I meant if you knew of some way to get them to automatically scale correctly without having to use the control key to individually scale each one. Thanks anyway though.

Thread Information