FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 64 of 89 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Try open book with module - click on them you see arrow

Aha, I see! Thank you very much!

I saw this webpage on the SYFY website... on the bottom of the page are a slideshow of pictures including immersive concept art scenes that Disney release promoting the new Star Wars Galaxy Edge parks at Disney Land and World. The concept art scenes might interest some GM's as images to use to immerse their players. Also for immersion.. there are photos of the "Star Wars" food items the Galaxy Edge park will be selling as food from a Galaxy Far Far Away.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-w...s-disney-parks

Trenloe, what is the status of the Star Wars/Genesys rewrite to CoreRPG? I used the existing one for my old campaign and it worked great but some of the newer Core features were missed. A friend is interested in the new Android Genesys game so I had considered trying at least a rudimentary conversion bit it would be low priority. Your skills are way superior to mine and you have stated how difficult it has been. What aspect has been troublesome? Should I find a new pipedream? I'm assuming that even without automation it is much more than substitution of variables and dice graphics, which is the extent of my coding knowledge within FG.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Trenloe, what is the status of the Star Wars/Genesys rewrite to CoreRPG? I used the existing one for my old campaign and it worked great but some of the newer Core features were missed. A friend is interested in the new Android Genesys game so I had considered trying at least a rudimentary conversion bit it would be low priority. Your skills are way superior to mine and you have stated how difficult it has been. What aspect has been troublesome? Should I find a new pipedream? I'm assuming that even without automation it is much more than substitution of variables and dice graphics, which is the extent of my coding knowledge within FG.
    With Pathfinder 2 coming out this year, which I'm developing the ruleset and base modules for, I won't be looking at any development on SW/Genesys this year.

In theory, you could look at bringing specific CoreRPG functionality into the SW ruleset, but it won't be easy - as you'd need to familiarise yourself with both rulesets and the way FG does things. I'm always curious as to what functionality that isn't present that would stop people from playing a game they want to play. Sure, there's some nice things in CoreRPG that make things easier/smoother to play, but if you want to play a game that wouldn't stop me from playing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey, so I just got this ruleset and am reading through the books trying to make sense of it. I found some lists in the GM tools, but I can't figure out how to read them properly, and one of them doesn't even look finished. Could someone please explain them to me? This is my first time learning this ruleset. I'm more used to playing pathfinder.

combat advantage and triumph.JPG

combat threat and despair.JPG

encounter environment tracker.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by fmmm1000 View Post
    Hey, so I just got this ruleset and am reading through the books trying to make sense of it. I found some lists in the GM tools, but I can't figure out how to read them properly, and one of them doesn't even look finished. Could someone please explain them to me? This is my first time learning this ruleset. I'm more used to playing pathfinder.

combat advantage and triumph.JPG

combat threat and despair.JPG

encounter environment tracker.JPG
    The first two list how to spend the positive and negative results of a dice roll.

Which physical rulebook do you have? It might be easier if I point you towards the relevant section in the rulebook.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The first two list how to spend the positive and negative results of a dice roll.

Which physical rulebook do you have? It might be easier if I point you towards the relevant section in the rulebook.
    I don't have any physical versions. I found a site that hosts pdf versions of them. Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny. Really wish I could buy my own digital copies, but I can't find any for sale. I probably should just buy the physical versions.

Also, how do you target anything during combat? Normally we use maps during combat encounters in Pathfinder, but without knowing how to target in EotE, how do we know if anything gets hit?
    Last edited by fmmm1000; March 11th, 2019 at 05:11.

I'm always curious as to what functionality that isn't present that would stop people from playing a game they want to play. Sure, there's some nice things in CoreRPG that make things easier/smoother to play, but if you want to play a game that wouldn't stop me from playing.
    Nothing keeps it from being usable. It is a great ruleset and I'm not complaining. There are just a few quality of life features that Core supports that are not available; the map features and drag and drop capability being the biggest two for me. FG has come a long way since the old v1 days and I'm happy to be able to play almost all my games on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    the map features and drag and drop capability being the biggest two for me.
    Which map features in particular? Which drag and drop capability?

Thread Information