DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 56 of 89 First ... 646545556575866 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    Just out of curiosity, seems you reused 2.1.1.a (from the db.xml) as a base for the version you posted in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post386541 (hence causing the rollback on the export bug fix), am i correct ?
    I used 2.1.1b as the base. I had originally used a dev ruleset I was using - thinking I could sneak another couple of bugfixes in, but I used the wrong one. So just went back to the last proper release, but didn't update the version in the XML - just in the chat window display.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello again

I've searched for "tokens" and read all related posts in the thread but i haven't found the info I am after.

I basically prepared my maps and NPCs with tokens and other markers and masked the images.
    Currently my tokens are either located in my campaign\tokens folder or under FG\tokens\host folder.

I would like my players to avoid seing the tokens used for the npcs, and local PC connection to the campaign seems to show them.

Where would recommend to put the markers to achieve this?

I would like my players to avoid seing the tokens used for the npcs, and local PC connection to the campaign seems to show them.

Where would recommend to put the markers to achieve this?
    Token visibility is not controlled by the location of the files, it is controlled by the individual token. Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ens#Visibility But note that you can't set visibility via the Combat Tracker in the Star Wars ruleset.

If you want a token's visibility to be mask sensitive - first set it to always invisible via the right-click menu, and then to Mask Sensitive Visibility.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's already done

Sorry, i didn't make this clear enough: the issue is the tokens being "visible" in the tokens interface menu, on the bottom right column.

Makes sense ?

That's already done

Sorry, i didn't make this clear enough: the issue is the tokens being "visible" in the tokens interface menu, on the bottom right column.

Makes sense ?
    OK, yeah that makes sense.

Unfortunately, as soon as you share an image with the players that contains tokens, those tokens are shared with the players. FG needs to do this to be able to display the tokens on the maps - the code doesn't go to the low-level detail of whether they are visible or not.

Ok, got it.
    And prior to sharing the "hosting image"? they should not be in the token box?

I was interested in the token box only, as I am pretty sure my sneaky players will have a look at it as soon as they connect

Thanks for the quick responses, as usual

EDIT:

as per https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ding_Locations
    GM Tokens: GM tokens available for all campaigns. Any tokens stored in the FG data directory under the tokens/host subfolder. Accessible via the GM button in the Token Box window. GM tokens are only displayed in the GM token box.
    Shared Tokens: Shared tokens available for all campaigns. Any tokens stored in the FG data directory under the tokens/shared subfolder. Accessible via the Shared button in the Token Box window. Shared tokens are displayed in both the GM and player token boxes.
    does the SW ruleset follows the same behavior ?
    Last edited by bigjip; April 26th, 2018 at 23:27. Reason: additional question

Good evening everyone!

I wanted to mention a bug I noticed to see what the experts thought of it. When I am in game and I roll a 'vehicle critical' via the special die in the dice box at the bottom, I receive an error message via the GM console. It returns this error: Script Error: [string "managers/chatmanager.lua"]:815: attempt to index local 'sourcenode' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Raithmore; April 27th, 2018 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithmore View Post
    Good evening everyone!

I wanted to mention a bug I noticed to see what the experts thought of it. When I am in game and I roll a 'vehicle critical' via the special die in the dice box at the bottom, I receive an error message via the GM console. It returns this error: Script Error: [string "managers/chatmanager.lua"]:815: attempt to index local 'sourcenode' (a nil value)
    I am far from an expert but I have tried to recreate it and seem to work fine for me. Not sure if the problem is with the ruleset but I can be mistaken.
    Current Game: Post-Tyranny of Dragons Campaign (5E)
    Previous Games: Rise of Tiamat (5E), Heroes of the North/Princes of the Apocalypse (5E), GURPS Old West/Horror, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (5E), Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance (FFG)
    Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chorpa
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/Erik Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by Raithmore View Post
    I've identified the issue. I'll provide a fix soon.

In the meantime, drag the vehicle critical chit directly to the target. This is the recommended method anyway, as it takes into account any current criticals on the target and adjusts the dice roll appropriately (+10 per current critical).

Thread Information