FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 89 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by OTG_Wraith View Post
    No, I am referring to the possibility of a book owner inputting the proper text themselves. Then It would be available in the chat.

Perhaps allow a toggle in case the GM hasn't replaced the generic text? At this point we're moving into the area of feature requests as opposed to bug reporting, and that's obviously dependent on the remaining allotment of time you have for this project.
    OK, cool. Added to the feature request link in post #4
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First of all, thank you for the massive work you've done here! I've just tried v2 and I seem to have a problem with some accented characters in the regular font (the one used for story texts, for instance). A couple of characters have been replaced with SW die symbols, but were (and are) correctly displayed in v1. I don't have any problem with the other fonts, like titles. I've noticed you've changed symbol replacements in "baseformattedtextfield.lua" ("[F]" for "Force die", "[A]" for "Ability Die", etc.), which is a nice addition btw. Is it related?
    Another, though minor change: the font used for headers in story texts. Headers now look like main story entries. But maybe it was intentional.
    Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Torstein View Post
    I've just tried v2 and I seem to have a problem with some accented characters in the regular font (the one used for story texts, for instance). A couple of characters have been replaced with SW die symbols, but were (and are) correctly displayed in v1. I don't have any problem with the other fonts, like titles. I've noticed you've changed symbol replacements in "baseformattedtextfield.lua" ("[F]" for "Force die", "[A]" for "Ability Die", etc.), which is a nice addition btw. Is it related?
    The regular font used in v1 had WFRP3 graphics for the characters 240-255, I've just replaced some of these with Star Wars graphics. So, if you weren't seeing WFRP3 graphics in the v1 ruleset it can't be this. However, if you had some entries in your test that were (s) (a) or [F] etc. then these will now be replaced with the SW graphics.

Another, though minor change: the font used for headers in story texts. Headers now look like main story entries. But maybe it was intentional.
    I've made changes to some of the base reference classes used in the ruleset (mostly bringing in reference classes from CoreRPG for the library). The change in the headers is probably due to this. Are you mentioning this as an issue, or just an FYI that it is a change?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So, if you weren't seeing WFRP3 graphics in the v1 ruleset it can't be this. However, if you had some entries in your test that were (s) (a) or [F] etc. then these will now be replaced with the SW graphics.
    I was seeing the accented characters. I didn't use any symbol replacement. I don't think it would be worth making the change in the ruleset, though, considering most players don't use accented characters, but could you send a link to the font file you're using, so that I can modify it for my own use? I know that FGF files are like a series of images for each character, but I don't know if there's a tool to edit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you mentioning this as an issue, or just an FYI that it is a change?
    It's a very minor issue (headers are less visible). I can perfectly live with that ;-)

I was seeing the accented characters. I didn't use any symbol replacement.
    Can you post a screenshot of the v1 ruleset showing the accented characters and the v2 ruleset for the same text showing the new characters please? I haven't made any other changes beyond changing the WFRP3 graphics to Star Wars graphics, so I'm concerned that there might be something else going on.

There you go...

Attachment 9856

As mentioned before, no change for titles, but only for body text.

There you go...

Attachment 9856

As mentioned before, no change for titles, but only for body text.
    Unzip the attached file and copy regular.fgf to graphics\fonts in the ruleset, overwriting the current regular.fgf file there. This will mean that none of the library entries that use the special symbols will display correctly.

You'll have to do this manual change each time you upgrade the ruleset.

It works! Thanks. But, as you said, no symbols in the library.

I'm still wondering why it was working properly in v1, and not in v2. I'll dig into this and keep you posted.

It works! Thanks. But, as you said, no symbols in the library.

I'm still wondering why it was working properly in v1, and not in v2. I'll dig into this and keep you posted.
    There is no mystery there. It's the way Fantasy Grounds treats fonts - as pictures.. 255 pictures. To create new symbols, you have to replace old. In first version I think only one or two symbols from FFG's Star Wars was supported (and some from WFRP 3rd edition as leftovers.. I'm not sure because I added some symbols in my local copy). In new version more symbols were added and they replaced your beloved accented characters. For the same reason I cannot use polish characters - even if I replace font file and replicate symbols, they fit in the same places as polish characters. Not much you can do about it until Unity's version of FG (I hope!).

BTW. You can create not-so-complicated module that will load your font instead of module's font - that way you don't have to repeat font overriding each time module gets updated.

I must be tired and missing it - but I thought you had posted the symbol keystrokes for the dice - but now I cant seem to locate them....specifically looking for setback dice at the moment...

Thread Information