FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 89 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by OTG_Wraith View Post
    I still find this to be the case with all Library modules in FG, in all rulesets. The Hook Mountain Massacre series we are videoing right now is separated into modules, and if the GM gives an object directly to the player from the module 'library' before making it an item instance first the player often can't change the properties.
    In all of my testing with library inventory items (weapons, armor, gear), obligation, duty, morality, talents, motivations, etc. I've dragged them straight from the library to the PC/NPC sheet without spotting any issues (it doesn't mean there aren't any issues, I just might not have noticed them).

If you can identify specific issues with the new SW player library data and the v2 ruleset please let me know.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In all of my testing with library inventory items (weapons, armor, gear), obligation, duty, morality, talents, motivations, etc. I've dragged them straight from the library to the PC/NPC sheet without spotting any issues (it doesn't mean there aren't any issues, I just might not have noticed them).

If you can identify specific issues with the new SW player library data and the v2 ruleset please let me know.
    We've since come to accept this as default behavior so we really haven't been applying proper methodology to identifying the cause, We'll start paying more attention to this and see if we can come up with a reproducible situation.

Blog Entries
    Can you expand on the "quite a few bugs" you encountered please? I'm only aware of one at the moment (PC init roll not operating correctly). Have you watched the "Combat tracker part 1" video in post #1 - this describes how initiative is supposed to work.
    Yes, I realize you can't do anything with that, sorry about that. I had a fatal incidence where FG closed down when I tried to delete a token on a map.

The initiative bug has already been reported.

Beyond that I had the console window open quite a few times and list a lot of stuff, but I was too busy running my first adventure with an entirely new crew to really pay attention to it. I assume many of those error messages had to do with values not being entered properly - and I couldn't see any ill effects on gameplay at that time. I'll try to keep an eye open next week when we continue.

You went easy on them running the Gamorrean's as minions! Now they'll think all Gamorrean's are a pushover. :-o
    I built the Beginners Game encounters and setting into my own story, since it introduces you to the different mechanics quite well. For some reason I thought they were minions. Doesn't matter, though, it really fit the bill. It's going to be much more difficult for them next time. >
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Beyond that I had the console window open quite a few times and list a lot of stuff, but I was too busy running my first adventure with an entirely new crew to really pay attention to it. I assume many of those error messages had to do with values not being entered properly - and I couldn't see any ill effects on gameplay at that time. I'll try to keep an eye open next week when we continue.
    I've got a lot of debug code outputting to the console window and there are some warnings also that are OK. Messages reported specifically as an error will appear as bright red in the console window, black (debug messages) and orange (warnings - usually in regard to missing default icons or anchors) aren't errors and can be ignored.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Very excited to give the new version a shot! Thank you for all of your hard work!!

Almost forgot I had to use WinRAR to open the library module and make a tokens folder.
    Last edited by MoonlitDNC; May 6th, 2015 at 18:39.

Edit2: Dragging a crit result from chat to the character sheet generates this error...

Code:
    Script Error: [string "managers/charactermanager.lua"]:318: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    I've been thinking about this and even started working on enabling drag/drop of critical result, but then I stopped. As I can't think of an instance when the same critical result would be applied to multiple PCs/NPCs and as the critical result is effected by the current number of criticals on each character, I think it's best to leave it as having to drag/drop the critical chit to each character separately. Directly dragging to the chat window is really for rolling crits for creatures/vehicles that aren't in the combat tracker (for narrative purposes). I've changed the critical result type to be different from the original critical chit so there won't be an error if anyone drags a critical result onto a PC or NPC. Thanks for letting me know about the error though.

I've been thinking about this and even started working on enabling drag/drop of critical result, but then I stopped. As I can't think of an instance when the same critical result would be applied to multiple PCs/NPCs and as the critical result is effected by the current number of criticals on each character, I think it's best to leave it as having to drag/drop the critical chit to each character separately. Directly dragging to the chat window is really for rolling crits for creatures/vehicles that aren't in the combat tracker (for narrative purposes). I've changed the critical result type to be different from the original critical chit so there won't be an error if anyone drags a critical result onto a PC or NPC. Thanks for letting me know about the error though.
    The reason I encountered it was I was trying to see if there was a way for the crit description to show up in chat. As it stands now the only way to see it is open the crit on the player's sheet. So the other players don't see the effects and even the GM has to open the player's sheet to see the effect. (Essentially I was hoping to see the crit description sent to chat along with the crit name and roll.)

In another matter, we had a second play test tonight for ship combat and one of the things we noticed was that when you drag ship weapon damage to a combat tracker entry that has a vehicle, the damage is still applied to the person and not the associated vehicle. This may because we are putting the ship's weapons on the gunner's character sheet and marking it as both a ship weapon (in the hopes that that is an attribute of the ship damage drag object) and as a personal weapon so it shows up in the combat window as a clickable weapon. Is this the correct procedure?
    Last edited by OTG_Wraith; May 8th, 2015 at 04:31.

The reason I enqountered it was I was trying to see if there was a way for the crit description to show up in chat. As it stands now the only way to see it is open the crit on the player's sheet. So the other players don't see the effects and even the GM has to open the player's sheet to see the effect. (Essentially I was hoping to see the crit description sent to chat along with the crit name and roll.)
    The only description in the crit is the page reference (to avoid any possible breach of copyright) - do you want the page number outputting to the chat window too? Seems a bit redundant as it's always the same page (where the critical table is).

The only description in the crit is the page reference (to avoid any possible breach of copyright) - do you want the page number outputting to the chat window too? Seems a bit redundant as it's always the same page (where the critical table is).
    No, I am referring to the possibility of a book owner inputting the proper text themselves. Then It would be available in the chat.

Perhaps allow a toggle in case the GM hasn't replaced the generic text? At this point we're moving into the area of feature requests as opposed to bug reporting, and that's obviously dependent on the remaining allotment of time you have for this project.
    Last edited by OTG_Wraith; May 8th, 2015 at 10:24.

Thread Information