FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 37 of 89 First ... 2735363738394787 ... Last
    Thanks so much for the quick fix. /cheers

Hey there,

I recently got into Fantasy Grounds and have been checking out your ruleset. Thanks for all your work, and for reducing other GM's work!

I'm curious, in your opinion, how viable layering this on the new CoreRPG would be as an exercise in learning FG coding - though I've only started checking out the developer guide and rulesets. I'm a software developer by trade, but new to FG and was just wondering if you had any insight on the subject as an experienced developer.

Thanks - hope to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by perpetual View Post
    I'm curious, in your opinion, how viable layering this on the new CoreRPG would be as an exercise in learning FG coding - though I've only started checking out the developer guide and rulesets.
    This would be a huge task and not one recommended at all for a beginner using it as an exercise to learn FG coding. For that I'd recommend looking at an existing ruleset that is already based on CoreRPG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This would be a huge task and not one recommended at all for a beginner using it as an exercise to learn FG coding. For that I'd recommend looking at an existing ruleset that is already based on CoreRPG.
    I'll second that!

I have looked at it a few times and it is strucured very differently to CoreRPG, so it would be a mammoth task.

... for anyone but Trenloe, that is. He knows it inside out and should be converting it already :-)

New at Fantasy Grounds and GMing RPGs in general. However, I have extensive Star Wars knowledge and have been enjoying the process. I am amazed by the extensions, modules, ruleset work, and various contributions by this community. Fantasy Grounds is definitely my preferred platform for VTT.

The only draw back is that it's hard to implement sound effects, background ambience, etc. I know the DOE extensions don't work with EotE currently, but I did find a youtube video where a guy was able to make this work. Would anyone have any idea how he did it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZrKVnkngQ

Thank you in advance. If I should have posted this somewhere else, then I apologize in advance as well .

Welcome to the forums and FG community!

Quote Originally Posted by Camasi View Post
    The only draw back is that it's hard to implement sound effects, background ambience, etc. I know the DOE extensions don't work with EotE currently, but I did find a youtube video where a guy was able to make this work. Would anyone have any idea how he did it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZrKVnkngQ
    Welcome to the forums Camasi. In that video the GM is not using the DOE: sound extension, they are just playing the sound effects through the voice communications. It's something I've been doing for three years and is what most people do. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hlight=audio#7 Once it's setup it's pretty straightforward.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the quick reply and warm welcome! I figured I would have to go this route, but your specific instructions on what you do with Teamspeak actually turns out to be the best solution for me! Thank you!

Not that I am ungrateful about what has been done so far, but why wait to upgrade to fantasy grounds 3.0? Probably is a lot of work to be sure but there are so many features that we are missing out on. The one thing I hate imp-articular is the story tabs of 2.0. Also we miss out on the ability to set up encounters ahead of time, DOE: sound extension as mentioned above, random encounters, party sheets, parcels, and plenty more. If I new a little more about coding than I do now I would do it myself, but since I don't I am left to the mercy of the forums. I hope you guys decide to work on it soon. As always love what has been done so far.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 23rd, 2017 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    ... why wait to upgrade to fantasy grounds 3.0?
    It's a shed load of work. it will be done, but not for a while.

Sorry that you feel there are so many features that you are missing out on.

Thread Information