DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 89 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSourceHD View Post
    I stopped using the combat tracker during my game last week. I would get script errors and then the game would crash. I'm not sure what action in the combat tracker caused it.
    I'm unable to reproduce these issues, but would like assistance with trying to track them down.

So, please make a copy of any script errors that occur - press the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the top left of the console, and then post here. Please describe what was happening when the errors occurred - the more detailed the better.

And, include details of any extensions you might be running - most CoreRPG extensions won't work, you're pretty much restricted to the extensions specifically designed for this ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Had a game last night using the ruleset. Didn't get any errors using the tracker.

I play last Friday with friends, didn't get any errors

I posted a question on the workshop about something I'm trying to change with your ruleset. The reply I received made me wonder if you are interested in receiving requests for features in the ruleset. I believe you said somewhere in here that you would eventually go back to it and update the ruleset to bring it in line with the current core ruleset. If you are interested in some feature requests, I know I have a few I think would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Archamus View Post
    I posted a question on the workshop about something I'm trying to change with your ruleset. The reply I received made me wonder if you are interested in receiving requests for features in the ruleset. I believe you said somewhere in here that you would eventually go back to it and update the ruleset to bring it in line with the current core ruleset. If you are interested in some feature requests, I know I have a few I think would be beneficial.
    I have other priorities at the moment (you may have read about the recent Paizo announcement), but I have not stopped development of this ruleset. I track feature requests in post #4 of this thread, and I consider any requests for future inclusion.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I have other priorities at the moment (you may have read about the recent Paizo announcement), but I have not stopped development of this ruleset. I track feature requests in post #4 of this thread, and I consider any requests for future inclusion.
    I had not heard the news about Paizo, that's great!

As for feature requests:
    1) A Force Rating tracker on the character sheet with the ability to use it to add dice to the die pool. There is a perfect spot for it on charsheetmain.xml.
    2) The ability for characters to have multiple vehicles. Perhaps they can just be entered into the inventory with a checkbox to indicate which vehicle should occupy the vehicle tab. That way you can have a character who owns the freighter and a speederbike, or give the player their own vehicle button on the right side of the screen, this could probably replace the story button that is there right now.
    3) A separate ability template to categorize Force powers. It is easy to put them in talents, but it would be nice if they were in their own category.
    4) Create a way for the GM to put the difficulty, setback, and challenge dice into chat in such a way that players can then drag that onto their diepool. Perhaps by holding shift while dragging to chat. Being able to drop these dice directly on the player is great, until they realize they clicked the wrong skill and click the appropriate one and undo all the GMs hard dragging and dropping work. Also, being able to use hotkeys to add those to chat would be very convenient.
    Last edited by Archamus; December 28th, 2016 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Archamus View Post
    1) A Force Rating tracker on the character sheet with the ability to use it to add dice to the die pool. There is a perfect spot for it on charsheetmain.xml.
    2) The ability for characters to have multiple vehicles. Perhaps they can just be entered into the inventory with a checkbox to indicate which vehicle should occupy the vehicle tab. That way you can have a character who owns the freighter and a speederbike, or give the player their own vehicle button on the right side of the screen, this could probably replace the story button that is there right now.
    3) A separate ability template to categorize Force powers. It is easy to put them in talents, but it would be nice if they were in their own category.
    4) Create a way for the GM to put the difficulty, setback, and challenge dice into chat in such a way that players can then drag that onto their diepool. Perhaps by holding shift while dragging to chat. Being able to drop these dice directly on the player is great, until they realize they clicked the wrong skill and click the appropriate one and undo all the GMs hard dragging and dropping work. Also, being able to use hotkeys to add those to chat would be very convenient.
    Thanks for the feedback, I've added these to the feature request list in post #4.

For #1 - I see you've already done the XML for the GUI (which is the hard bit as far as I'm concerned). If you don't mind providing me with the XML, I could do the LUA to make this work and do a quick new releases with this.

#2 - Yeah, vehicles still need some work. The GM can add a new vehicle to a player by drag/dropping the vehicle record, but this will overwrite the current vehicle there. I'll have to think of a good way of allowing players (and the GM) to change vehicles around.

#4 - Good idea. I've just realised, based off your post, that the GM can drag/drop dice to the dicepool viewer, but this doesn't reflect through to the player side and so isn't part of the roll. It was never intended for the GM to be able to add dice to a player dice pool, so I'll block this pseduo functionality from happening. It's best that only the player builds their own dice pool, but it might be nice to have the ability to quickly add a fixed pool of dice.

In my games I rarely find that the players select the wrong skill after the first couple of rolls, I'm always surprised how quickly players pick up the dice mechanics.

Thanks for the feedback, I've added these to the feature request list in post #4.

For #1 - I see you've already done the XML for the GUI (which is the hard bit as far as I'm concerned). If you don't mind providing me with the XML, I could do the LUA to make this work and do a quick new releases with this.
    Actually I just got it working completely about two minutes ago, dragging to the diebox or chat window, as well as double clicking to append to the diebox (not overwriting what is there like skills so). I did not include a description for it though, because I don't know how to keep it from overwriting the skilldescription it is being used with on doubleclick.

I'll go make a zip of all the files I changed for it if you'd like. May take me a little bit, because I want to use the zip to recreate what I just did with a fresh version of your ruleset so I can be sure I didn't miss any files.

Here you go.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a better way of making the lua work. It was a LOT of trial and error before it started working for me. Let me know if something didn't work or if there are any questions.

#2 - Yeah, vehicles still need some work. The GM can add a new vehicle to a player by drag/dropping the vehicle record, but this will overwrite the current vehicle there. I'll have to think of a good way of allowing players (and the GM) to change vehicles around.
    My solution on this for now was to alter the "other" tab on the character sheet so that links of any kind can be dropped in the notes section. That way players will be able to have multiple vehicle entries there that they can then just drag to the top part of the character sheet to populate the "vehicles" tab as needed. It allows them to keep anything that has a link there though.

Thread Information