DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 89 First 123451353 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the report. Is this a new campaign or an existing v1 campaign? For #2, if this is an existing campaign, have you removed the PCs from the CT and re-added them?

EDIT: Also, it is when you roll directly from the character sheet or when you try to roll PC or All initiative automatically from the combat tracker menu?
    Campaign was an existing v1 campaign but the PC's were made brand new after I updated to v2. It is when I roll directly from the character sheet as well as when I roll PC or All initiative.

Following OTG_Wraith's work around to rebuild the initiative before rolling it fixes this problem temporarily however.

If you find this still to be the case with the new ruleset and new library please let me know - especially if it is reproducible, thanks.
    I still find this to be the case with all Library modules in FG, in all rulesets. The Hook Mountain Massacre series we are videoing right now is separated into modules, and if the GM gives an object directly to the player from the module 'library' before making it an item instance first the player often can't change the properties.
    Last edited by OTG_Wraith; May 5th, 2015 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydarkson View Post
    Following OTG_Wraith's work around to rebuild the initiative before rolling it fixes this problem temporarily however.
    When you say temporarily, do you mean it comes back at some point?

Do you see the dice rolling and a result reported in the chat window?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Just finished our first session (started making characters in v1 and now used v2). There were quite a few bugs (initiative), but it's shaping up really nice. Photos, or it didn't happen? Here you go:

Attachment 9828

The party absolutely demolished the Gamorrean Thugs. Next time is going to be much more difficult for them.

(Yes it's a modified Beginner Game scenario)
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    There were quite a few bugs (initiative)
    Can you expand on the "quite a few bugs" you encountered please? I'm only aware of one at the moment (PC init roll not operating correctly). Have you watched the "Combat tracker part 1" video in post #1 - this describes how initiative is supposed to work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    The party absolutely demolished the Gamorrean Thugs.
    You went easy on them running the Gamorrean's as minions! Now they'll think all Gamorrean's are a pushover. :-o

Not to speak for jay, but in our experience with this issue; We do see the dice and the resultant value displayed in chat, and it comes back when we clear the combat tracker and repopulate it with new PCs.

It's fairly easy to replicate... just add PCs to the combat tracker and double click either vigilance or cool from the initiative box on the character sheet, then click the check in the die pool window. The dice will roll and the values display, but the tracker will not populate. If you then at this point right click on the combat tracker menu and select rebuild initiative slots then functionality is restored. Then right click the menu again and select remove all entries, and add more PCs (same or different than first check) and the bug returns.

I have tried this from the server, and using a localhost client connected to the server, cool and vigilance initiative rolls, and closing and re-opening the combat tracker. All cases still exhibit the reported abnormal behavior.

Temporarily is if you remove the PC's from the table and then add them back. The problem comes back when this happens.

Logging out and then logging back in does not fix this issue. The dice results and dice rolling is seen though for the PCs.

Thanks for the detailed info OTG_Wraith and jaydarkson - I'll try and track this issue down this weekend.

v2.0.1b released, download link in post #1

Bugfixes:
    • PC init roll result not populating when newly added to the CT. Thanks jaydarkson and OTG_Wraith for reporting, with detailed info on how to recreate
    • Credits not saving. Thanks jaydarkson for reporting.
    • Long weapon name hid dice roll button. Thanks Talen for reporting and radekg for finding the cause.

Please keep the bug reports coming.

Thread Information