STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 89 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    - Since the very start of using the Ruleset, my players have occasionally been getting script errors when things happen in the combat tracker. I'll try to get them to copy the errors and give them to you with some details as to the situation in which they occur when next I see it.
    - After the 3.2 update, all my NPC tabs dissappeared and became a single tab. I split them up into tabs again, but now every time I open the NPC list I get this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89840924/error.png . It seems like the module is trying to show all my NPCs from all tabs (they show up for a split second), but then immediately hides their names, yet doesn't collapse the list. If I switch tabs everything displays fine, but if I close and re-open NPCses it happens again, every time.
    Thanks for reporting.

If you could provide more info about the combat tracker errors, that would be great. Thanks.

Oh, also, as a feature request: it would be nice to have a bit more in-depth star ship sheets available aside from just the party ship. If the party ever has two ships, for instance, I can only really "save" all the info for one of them, and the other I have to make do with just a Vehicle sheet.
    I'd recommend tracking additional info regarding a second/third/99th ship in a story or note entry.

Any reason not to have the Vehicle sheets be just as extensive as the party ship sheet?
    Yep - vehicles can be dragged to a PC or NPC record to give them access to all of the features of the vehicle. I basically made the vehicle records to allow entering all of the data required to operate them, without overloading the record which would have made PC/NPC records with vehicles overloaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    Hey Unahim,

To fix the npc list bug you have - just select another tab, and then go back to it. That should sort it out.
    Yeah, I know. It's just a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting.

If you could provide more info about the combat tracker errors, that would be great. Thanks.
    I asked my players to warn me about any they got, but nothing cropped up for them last session, it seems; however, I did get some myself:

Attachment 16544

Basically whenever I right clicked to clear init slots after an encounter, or in preparation of a new encounter, I would get errors like that.

I'd recommend tracking additional info regarding a second/third/99th ship in a story or note entry.

Yep - vehicles can be dragged to a PC or NPC record to give them access to all of the features of the vehicle. I basically made the vehicle records to allow entering all of the data required to operate them, without overloading the record which would have made PC/NPC records with vehicles overloaded.
    Yeah, that should work well enough. Wasn't trying to be hard on you or anything, just thought I'd throw my wishlisting out there. ^^

Hi, I am curious about this ruleset and if it is working with the latest FG2 version (as the ruleset is now over a year old). I am considering this or Roll20 to start an Age of Rebellion campaign. Does the ruleset accommodate AoR?
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Hi Ceodryn,
    This ruleset is fantastic! It's working and being actively supported, I run a regular game and have had no problems. As for AoR, it is fully supported as is F&D.

Give it a go, you'll see how good it is, and if you have any questions, there are plenty of great people here to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceodryn View Post
    Hi, I am curious about this ruleset and if it is working with the latest FG2 version (as the ruleset is now over a year old). I am considering this or Roll20 to start an Age of Rebellion campaign. Does the ruleset accommodate AoR?

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Ceodryn,
    This ruleset is fantastic! It's working and being actively supported, I run a regular game and have had no problems. As for AoR, it is fully supported as is F&D.

Give it a go, you'll see how good it is, and if you have any questions, there are plenty of great people here to help you out.
    I confirm. It's very good - You can play in all new SW RPG (Edge of the Empire, Force and Destiny and Age of Rebellion).

Thanks guys. I tested it, and it is indeed very impressive. I downloaded the library that was in the first post, and the other made by CryAxe. At first I got lots of script errors, but when closing and re-opening the ruleset, it seems it is all fixed.

I realize the libraries are based on OggDude, and are limited in text appearing. I was curious about the pictures however. Say I wanted to have a picture of an T-47 airspeeder linked to the t-47 library entry, how do I go about it? I remember from my WFRP3 coding day that I can go and edit it directly in the library, or create a token library separate that is linked. All fine, but I will never have time to do so for now. When I am working on a campaign, is there a simpler way I can put a picture in a map and link it to a t-47?

Thanks
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceodryn View Post
    Say I wanted to have a picture of an T-47 airspeeder linked to the t-47 library entry, how do I go about it? I remember from my WFRP3 coding day that I can go and edit it directly in the library, or create a token library separate that is linked. All fine, but I will never have time to do so for now. When I am working on a campaign, is there a simpler way I can put a picture in a map and link it to a t-47?
    Normally you'd just drag a record link to the "Description" section of the item. However, this doesn't appear to be working - the formattedtext control isn't accepting drag/drop of links. Logged as an issue in post #3, let me look at that...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm doing some adjustments to this ruleset for private games of a homebrew 40k system based on the Edge of the Empire rules that one of the guys in my group has been working on. I don't really know much about this programming language, but luckily it's just changing strings and set values mostly. I have two questions that could really help me out in learning more about it and how it's done:

- I can see where skills are autogenerated upon initilizing a character sheet, but where are the files that it draws the names, descriptions, etc of these skills from? I've gone through the entire ruleset (it feels like) and can't really find it.
    - Where can I change the "baby blue" background of the character sheets? There doesn't seem to be an image for that so I assume it's programmatically somewhere?

- I can see where skills are autogenerated upon initilizing a character sheet, but where are the files that it draws the names, descriptions, etc of these skills from? I've gone through the entire ruleset (it feels like) and can't really find it.
    Skills data is stored in classes\common\data_common.lua

- Where can I change the "baby blue" background of the character sheets? There doesn't seem to be an image for that so I assume it's programmatically somewhere?
    This is a window frame. The graphic is graphics\frames\charsheet.png

Frames are different from just pure graphics as they allow resizing of the overall graphics shown in FG. They have areas of the graphic that are used to create the end image shown in FG - check the "charsheet" framedef in graphics\frames\base.xml for the definition of the various frame sections. More info on frames here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/resources.xcp

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Skills data is stored in classes\common\data_common.lua

This is a window frame. The graphic is graphics\frames\charsheet.png

Frames are different from just pure graphics as they allow resizing of the overall graphics shown in FG. They have areas of the graphic that are used to create the end image shown in FG - check the "charsheet" framedef in graphics\frames\base.xml for the definition of the various frame sections. More info on frames here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/resources.xcp
    Thanks a lot for that, changed both of those and a number of other things to my satisfaction now. It's cool how many threads there are around to find info on changing shape of portraits, background, etc...

One question I still have at the moment: I found where to change the hover text for the dice on the desktop, but not where to change the name of the labels on them?

Thread Information