DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 89 First ... 1826272829303878 ... Last
    I believe it was just left over code from the Warhammer Fantasy RPG Module upon which this one was based. When I worked on the graphics update with Trenloe, I moved them over, but didn't see where I could take them out entirely. And since we need to update the module for the new Core code eventually, it probably isn't worth going back and changing small things in the base module.

Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Thank you for replay - for me it's bad idea, we have other dice, so this are unnecessary
    Sorry, but I find that I occasionally use the "normal" dice in a game - random direction (roll a d8), select a PC at random (roll a d4, d6, etc. depending how many PCs there are), etc.. As mentioned by damned, if you think it's a bad idea then you can look at writing an extension to remove them from your games.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I also use the normal dice now and again, and removing them would be a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    I also use the normal dice now and again, and removing them would be a bad idea...
    Hm.. When you use normal dice? In what situations you roll normal dice?

Girwan, we're not going to get into a discussion in this thread about who uses normal dice and for what - if you want to do that, please start a new thread. I mentioned above a couple of examples where I use them, and it's entirely up to the GM how they run their game and use dice. This is the main reason I left dice in - to give GMs the option of using them if they want to. If the dice weren't there then I'm sure I'd be hearing a lot more complaints about missing dice, instead of one user complaining about the dice being there.

One of the great things about Fantasy Grounds is that you can modify it. As I also mentioned above, if you want to remove the dice (or change their starting location) you can write an extension to do that. Then everyone will be happy - you can remove/relocate the dice, those of us who do use the dice can continue to use them - win/win!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, ok, easy... It was only question. I thought that we can discuss about SW here, too. I don't know that this thread is only for ruleset.

End discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Girwan View Post
    Ok, ok, easy... It was only question.
    I'm sorry, but it sounded like you were persisting in debating the case for no normal dice by quizzing GMs how they run their games. Dice with numbers on them can be used for many situations in EotE when a random number is needed, using just the EotE symbol dice and d10/%% can be quite restrictive to the way some GMs use randomness in their games. As the title suggests, this thread is for the Star Wars EotE/AoR/F&D ruleset and questions/issues specific to the ruleset. As I said, if you want to discuss further how GMs use dice in their games you're welcome to start another thread for that discussion. Thanks.

In the meantime, I've done a very simple extension to remove all normal dice but the d10 from the desktop - attached below. Be aware, because the d4, d6, d8, d12 and d20 base die definitions have been removed that you *won't* even be able to use the /die #d# command line to roll these dice - they will be completely removed from the campaign. Hope you never have to use a "normal" dice other than the d10/%%!

Thank you, It was nice from you

Fantastic ruleset, really enjoy it. It's made my job as GM so much easier. Big kudos to that. There are some small bugs that I've been noticing, however:

- Since the very start of using the Ruleset, my players have occasionally been getting script errors when things happen in the combat tracker. I'll try to get them to copy the errors and give them to you with some details as to the situation in which they occur when next I see it.
    - After the 3.2 update, all my NPC tabs dissappeared and became a single tab. I split them up into tabs again, but now every time I open the NPC list I get this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89840924/error.png . It seems like the module is trying to show all my NPCs from all tabs (they show up for a split second), but then immediately hides their names, yet doesn't collapse the list. If I switch tabs everything displays fine, but if I close and re-open NPCses it happens again, every time.

Again, love the ruleset, hope these bug reports prove useful. (Once I get some more info for the first one, anyway...)

Oh, also, as a feature request: it would be nice to have a bit more in-depth star ship sheets available aside from just the party ship. If the party ever has two ships, for instance, I can only really "save" all the info for one of them, and the other I have to make do with just a Vehicle sheet. Any reason not to have the Vehicle sheets be just as extensive as the party ship sheet?

Hey Unahim,

To fix the npc list bug you have - just select another tab, and then go back to it. That should sort it out.

Thread Information