DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 89 First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last
    Thanks for the info, damned. As someone with no experinece whatsoever in coding language, this will be quite the experiment for me.
    Games I play at the moment:
    • Shadowrun (4. Edition) • Deadlands Classic • Star Wars - Edge of the Empire (...) • Rogue Trader • Dark Heresy (2. Edition) • Dungeons & Dragons (5. Edition) •

Yes, basically every header on the right side of the Combat Tracker Window, and Font Size in general, in the Chat for example. Generally speaking, I find the font size in the whole programm to be to small, but the colour palette of the D&D5-theme, for example, keeps it readable. Some colour and contrast combinations in the Star Wars theme just make it pretty hard and strenious on the eye. But maybe this is a general concern I should bring up with the devs elsewhere? This is one of the reasons why I never played EVE Online - the writing was to small, and for a very long time, you couldn't change it. Drove me nuts.
    • Shadowrun (4. Edition) • Deadlands Classic • Star Wars - Edge of the Empire (...) • Rogue Trader • Dark Heresy (2. Edition) • Dungeons & Dragons (5. Edition) •

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Duncan Pennytree View Post
    Generally speaking, I find the font size in the whole programm to be to small...
    I think your best bet is to use the /scaleui XX chat command to scale the whole interface. Where XX is a percentage - try /scaleui 125 to start.

The issue with changing individual font sizes is that the GUI has been specifically designed to maximise the efficient placement of a certain font size, changing the font size would screw that placement up and you'd end up with labels out of place and/or overlapping.

Try /scaleui first.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Already tried it. In addition I played around with a few extensions that change the Font Size, and I've encountered exactly the overlap problem you've described. Changing the scale blurs the font, which makes reading thin ones even harder. I will have to experiment a bit.

But if this sounds like nagging, don't get me wrong: I'm grateful for all your suggestions and help, Trenloe & damned.

Blog Entries
    This really little extension will change those White Fonts in the Init Tracker to Red.
    You can use Black - Substitute the
    <color>#ff990000</color>
    with
    <color>#ff000000</color>

You can also pull apart the ruleset and extension to see how/what else you might change.

ScaleUI is still your best bet overall but you might need to experiment with different scalings. If you screen is big enough try 133 and 150 and see if they are clearer.

Looking forward to trying this, thanks Trenloe

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Duncan Pennytree View Post
    Some colour and contrast combinations in the Star Wars theme just make it pretty hard and strenious on the eye. But maybe this is a general concern I should bring up with the devs elsewhere?
    Bring it up here, this is where you'll get the Star Wars developer's attention. Always looking to make the ruleset easier to use for all involved.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We had another session tonight - and finally got the use the Combat Tracker properly - after viewing the tutorial video again. With the addition of the libraries this ruleset is getting better and better. I am sure I am still not getting everything right.

In fact some of the features are still a mystery to me (vehicles and running combat efficiently) - is there a chance we see additional tutorial any time "soon"? ;-)
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Rιgime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    is there a chance we see additional tutorial any time "soon"? ;-)
    May-be. No promises.

Thread Information